New 120 gallon setup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here are some new pictures.

This is the plumbing under the tank. I am thinking the Little Giant pump might be a little undersized, but we will see.

UnderTank.jpg

Here is the plumbing on the back of the tank. The camera perspective makes it look like the Oceans Motion is really leaning to one side, but it isn't really.

OceansMotionsPlumbing.JPG

Here is a top of the tank shot with the bottom jets running.

BottomJetsRunning.JPG

And here is what it looks like when the OM cycles and turns on the top jets.

TopJetsRunning.JPG

Right now I don't have any nozzles on the bulkheads, so it is just straight flow. I am going to pick up the loc-line here in the next day or so and put it in once I drain the tank.

Cool tank! Looks familiar....
How do you like the BB? I couldn't take it anymore and added sand.

I love the BB setup. I had too many problems with the sandbed in my 75 and decided to go without in this tank. I had too many sandstorms with the flow I was running.

very nice looking tank you got there,,good to see you guy today

Thanks again Dang. Everything is settling in nicely. Both corals had full polyp extension within a couple hours of getting them in the tank. Your setup is awesome. I hope my tank can grow in as nicely as yours someday.

Looking good!! :D Is that xenia I see in the lower left?

Yes, that is the xenia I got from you. It has already grown quite a bit and I might have to prune soon. It is starting to grow up onto the rock it is sitting next to. I like it much better than the red sea variety I had before though.

I have changed the tank a bit. I changed to Reeflux 12k bulbs and lumenarc mini reflectors about 3 weeks ago. They focus the light so much better than the spider reflectors. I have also purchased a nice new acrylic sump, but I haven't had time to put it in yet.

I also finally got my alk & calcium stabilized with the reactor. It was a pain. I started with low alk/ca when I first hooked up the reactor and was just getting wild ph swings. I finally just dosed to get the alk & ca up to normal levels and then dialed in the reactor. If I would have done that in the first place, it probably would have went much smoother. I just thought that the reactor would slowly bring them up. I am getting much better growth and polyp extension now.

Anyways, here are some new pics and some that I took a while ago but have not posted.

A few months back, I put the rock on the right side of the tank up on egg crate and re-aquascaped that side of the tank. I haven't gotten to the other side yet.
P1000620.jpg

Here are a couple pics of an Undata coral I got a couple weeks back. It was a little bleached, but the color is coming back nicely. It is about 4" tall and 2.5" wide. I am probably going to break it up a little so that I can get the sides of the coral more light. The top of the coral kind of mushrooms and is keeping the middle of the coral from getting enough light.
IMG_33161024x768.jpg

IMG_33171024x768.jpg

My rainbow monti that is finally starting to grow a little. It is almost encrusted over the plug.
IMG_33181024x768.jpg

My sunset monti. I got this last summer and it has really taken off. When I got it, it was pretty tiny. It is now over 3" around.
IMG_33201024x768.jpg

An idaho grape frag that I got last summer.
IMG_33241024x768.jpg

A tort and some lunar eclipse zoos. The zoos started from a single polyp I bought at Barrier Reef a while back. There are about 20 now.
IMG_33251024x768.jpg

My new pipefish. I picked up 2 of them last week. They are so cool to watch. I have been feeding them brine shrimp and rod's food. I am going to Barrier Reef today to get some cyclopeeze.
IMG_33351024x768.jpg

IMG_33371024x768.jpg

Here is what the tank looked like before I changed the rock on the right. This picture was taken back in November.
P1000609.jpg

awesome setup.... also the idea of putting LR to a pedestal/eggcrate.... very nice. I myself is BB and on pedestal.

Wow, the tank is looking great! You have a lot of nice corals. You still have the purple tang? It's one of my favorite tangs around.

I do have the purple tang, but he is getting pretty aggressive. Anything I try to put in the tank gets attacked. Except for the pipe fish. He let them live. I think it is because they don't look anything like the purple tang.

The tang will be going in a different tank when we move in a few months though. Hopefully that will stem his agression.

awesome setup.... also the idea of putting LR to a pedestal/eggcrate.... very nice. I myself is BB and on pedestal.

I like it because nothing gets trapped underneath the rock. The bottom jets from the closed loop blast everything to the front.

Back