New 40 Breeder setup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hey peppie i don't think he knows what hes getting himself into its nothing like freshwater. i have a chiclid tank 1 fowlr tank and 2 reef tanks. i spend at least 3 hrs everyday maintaining them.

prolly will set up the tank wait 1 week then add livestock god i hope not lol. it takes at least 2-3 months to add just 1 small fish.

LOL senji,
I found his comment to be a bit rude. Just trying to understand why someone would spend money and time trying to keep fish alive in his home and not expect to provide the proper care for them?
We are just trying to help a newcomer out and I get accused of being a jacka** .
I guess I have been referred to worse. LOL

to get back to topic all we are telling you is keeping a marine aquarium takes allot of time, patients, and work. not having the proper equipment will cause all of this to be longer and harder and possibly make u hate and quit the way of life as i like to refer to it as. some call it a hobby but its much more than that is a job u love to hate and hate to love at times. but is one of the most beautiful things u can have in your house.

From my experience drill the tank now before it's set up. I decided I wanted to add a sump after running my magnum 350 on my tank for a few months. But the extra hassle that comes with drilling a tank with fish and water in makes it quite the headache after being set up. Which is why I now have a DIY overflow and a sump. Because I didn't wanna run the risk of pulling my fish and rock out then accidentally crack the tank while drilling it. And not have a place to put my fish and rock till I get a new tank. So just MHO if u think u might wanna drill the tank in the future drill it now before it is set up. Hope this helps. :)

Back