New Angel

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Zerc

So I picked up a dwarf flame angel out of a bucket at BRA yesterday. This is one "special" fish. I have a fairly big cave in my tank that my maroon clown and rbta have claimed, however this flame angel will not go anywhere else in the tank! He keeps going back for more beatings, and it is not like the maroon is chasing him all over the tank, he stops chasing once he is out of the cave... As I type he is tempting fate again... The fish are the same size, I hope the angel does not die. At least it is eating well!

If there is territories going on and your live rock is not glued. You can try rearranging the rock work. They will loose their territories hopefully (maybe)

its just weird because it is the "only" claimed spot in the entire 75g tank, and its not even the only cave! its about 6 inches by 6 inches. The angel finally moved somewhere else about 30 minutes ago and seems happy in his new spot.

Probably the angel is afraid of light? that's why it wants the cave to hide in the dark....My potter used to hide like that for 2 days then finally comes out and.

If this is still going on, I would suggest turning off the lights for a day or two. Normally the fish will adapt alot easier if the lights are off when released into the tank initially anyways. Good luck.

-Augustus

The angel is doing much better today. My wife called and it is swimming all over the tank. yay! :D

Back