Starting from the left
120-in5ths-a.jpg

120-in5ths-b.jpg

120-in5ths-c.jpg

120-in5ths-d.jpg

120-in5ths-e.jpg

and a side view

120-in5ths-f.jpg

Very nice. I'm glad you don't have the solid wall style that seem so prevelant.

Thanks ! Thats what I was trying to stay away from . Even with a 24" width its a task .

But trust me when I say I still have a ways to go with this aquascaping :) I still have to mount and arrange alot of corals. Every one is just sitting there as of now . Once done it will look even better IMO.......I hope ;)

Very Nice man! I went for the two seperate towers before, but I ended up joining them...I love how it is all set up! Job well done indeed!

jsmkmavity -Thanks!

MtnDewMan-Thanks alot ! It turned out okay :)

Tangee- Thanks! I live in Apache Junction .

charlie- Thanks!I took out the large shelf and added 6 more pieces of rock :)

reedman- I agree and thank you !

Here are some pics from todays fun and coral gluing.

This was the next idea . All I did was make a bridge between the left tower and the center. However after looking at it for a bit I missed the blue showing thru so I changed it again as shown in the 2nd pic.

BTW I still have all my blastos and acans to move back in still. Those will filling the shaded areas with color.

120-new-aquascaping-A.jpg

And now until tomorrow. ;)
120-redone-almost.jpg

Beautiful....the three column approach is much more natural reef looking than the solid wall. What do you use to glue the coral on? Did you glue the columns together or just stack them? That was a lot of work. Looks like the coral came through the shock with flying colors.

krish75-Thanks!

ldrhawke- Thanks! It's been awhile . I remember you from rc a while back .

To glue the corals on I went to a hobby shop for rc planes and cars.While looking around for DIY type stuff I found some really thick super glue gel that was in 20gram tubes for 5 bucks . I was able to glue everyone with that one tube . If I was using those lil super glue gel tubes it would have taken 20 @2.50 a pop.

The columns are just stacked . I got lucky and everything is very stable and yes it was alot of work and I am glad the corals came thru without any problems and minimal fragging.

Here is an updated pic as I have almost got all my prized lps back in .

120--final.jpg

Man...That's just awesome! I love how full it all looks as well as still individual reefs! Your tank along with Steve's (wrightme43) was my inspiration to go with the blue acrylic background. It just stands out so much more IMO. My tank is far from looking like yours but hopefully one day it will get there(LOL) If you haven't seen it, here is a link to my latest which is at the bottom of the page. Great shots again and beautiful tank!:)http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12686&page=2

Back