New Canopy build.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Steve...You really do some neat work man! That canopy is coming along really nicely! Keep up the good work:)

Thanks guys.
Its really easier than I thought it would be. Its tiring, but lots of fun.

Just rub it in why don't you:p One thing I always tell people...If you have the right tools, it makes everything so much easier:)

nice looking work. Might hit you up for a replacement for my front 2 doors as they have warped some from the humidity.

Mat

Sure Matt
I fix that with two coats of garage floor paint on the inside, silocone in all the drill holes, and three coats of poly on the outside. You can leave them outside for a year or so no problems.

Looks great! Is that a simular design to one you did last year? I think the way you come down the back of the tank like that is great! How do you get access to the back of the tank though?

Well I just take the canopy off. I build the stands 6" wider than the tank. I build the back of the canopy at 7" It overlaps the tank 1" The only things back there are the cords for the M.H. moguls, the cords for the fans, and the little blue boxs that run the tunze controllers hook to. I make 4 doors on the front, and big lids on top.

wrightme43 said:
Well I just take the canopy off. I build the stands 6" wider than the tank. I build the back of the canopy at 7" It overlaps the tank 1" The only things back there are the cords for the M.H. moguls, the cords for the fans, and the little blue boxs that run the tunze controllers hook to. I make 4 doors on the front, and big lids on top.

Thats pretty sweet! I like the concept.

Wrightme43.. you stop watching that new yankee workshop or youll get called norm, nice job man just think what a cabinet shop would hit you for that,got a colour or stain picked??

I have the doors made, the upper lid bracing installed. The lids outer frames are cut but not routed. I will work on it some saturday so I will take some update pictures. Sorry I am so slow, but I am lazy, and I live in KY.
Our motto here is why put off till tomorrow, something you can do next week.
LOL
Thanks alot everybody.

Detri said:
Thats pretty sweet! I like the concept.
Thanks alot, it makes it look like the tank is floating, and it eliminates the shine of light on the back wall. Also keeps people from throwing trash behind the stand, and keeps it totally sealed from people who dont have the keys.

Thats very smart especially if you have little ones that might want to throw there toy cars in teh sump or some of their lunch.

Back