New clowns - Amphiprion chrysopterus (orange-fin/blue stripe clowns)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ilham,
congrats on the new clowns! I've always loved the Chysopterus clowns....I definately hope you are able to breed them. They are some of the most beautiful and most delicate clowns in the hobby. They definately need to be captive bred!

I look forward to purchasing some from you in the future.

Nick

Susie, maybe you can take photos as the clowns grow in your sump area. Those guys are always exploring and always wanting to eat!

Gabby, I have more here...do not worry

i agree with Ilham, Susie start a thread about the babies !!! i bet they look so cute !! please please !!!

hehe:D, Ilham just make sure they get big so i can put them in my tank, i can't wait !! :) .

I need to remember to charge my camera batteries, then have someone help me figure out posting pictures :oops: But I will try. They are so cute!

How are the Chrysopterus doing Ilham?

Susie

it's not hard posting pictures Susie :) we can show you how :) and then you're gonna be like .. this is a piece of cake ;) .
and yes, how are those clowns doing ilham?

Time to put on some Barry Manilow, and dim the lights. I definately want a pair of those when they breed.. I guess that puts me around 4th in line... whoooohoooooooooo!

Just an update.....day 8 in my care...

Both doing well. Eating well, showing no symptoms of diseases. Just amazing they're alive this long.... :shock:

Will clean the tank later today, and take some pics...when they settle down after the cleaning.

Still keeping fingers crossed....i figure i have another 2 weeks before the 'all clear' phase... Rotating foods as well...they seem to be eating anything..

Best,
Ilham

HI Kevin. They tend to be agressive as younger individuals, although that is expected (vying for dominance, twitching, etc). They will go after other clowns...though...

I think quality wise....it depends where you order them from. Q Marine is always a good place to order, i can't stand SDC. I've never ordered from F. Heads or G. Generations, so I can't say anything about those two.

Hope they do well. I would QT....and keep a reaaaaaaaaaaly close eye.

Best,
Ilham

Here's a photo taken today. Not a good quality at all :rolleyes:

chrys1.jpg

Best,
Ilham

I still have the single true perc.....it will be moved to a 20 gallon Tall tank shortly.....

Hopefully I will be getting a smaller true percula at some point in the future...

I'm trying to downsize now...

Best,
Ilham

Elmo18 said:
I'm trying to downsize now...

Hummmm,

Does that mean you switching from 10 gallon tanks for everyone, down to 5 gallon tanks?

We know you guy, you LUV your various Clowns too much to get rid of any of them! *grinz*

Back