New fad ? I sort of hope not.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

If you are going to keep jellyfish, and you are going to do it right you will spend BIG BUCKS on the proper tank.

seems like it's just a small kressil for small jelly fish. Cost to size ratio is pretty high at 900 euro's so someone put some thought into it.

It would be near to have this is home but the tank I would want for them would be way to much to justify with the better half

There are companies out there that are making it a fad and "art". I've seen one of those circle see thru tanks in person and it is not built for the long haul or jelly's life in mind, jelly dies quickly from getting caught up and such, reminded me of one of those spongebob tanks you get at a local pet store. I've read good things about this: Jellyfish Aquarium | Moon Jellyfish, they're from sunset marine labs. If you have a $$ it could be a cool thing to have.

I found this on FB.

Jellyfish - a Pet and a Decoration - 11 pics - Animals Look

So, would the Jellies eventually starve?

Amy, there is a guy in LA called LA Fish Guy, who i on YouTube and in his video he does a commercial regarding his Jelliaquariums. He sells jellyfish aquariums and all if the supplies to keep them. He can even get the jellyfish for you. I think they are moon jellies that he deals with. Check it out. You just have to suffer through his videos to get to that point. I can't remember what his website for the jellyfish are.

Thanks for the feedback. I think it sad they do this and even sadder that it's allowed. Newport Aquarium in Newport OR has a wonderful Jelly display. I could watch that all day. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I think it sad they do this and even sadder that it's allowed. Newport Aquarium in Newport OR has a wonderful Jelly display. I could watch that all day. :)

I also have been to the Newport Aquarium and you are right. It is just mesmerizing. That is a pretty neat aquarium and zoo. I love that place.

Back