New Fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Webos

I've been running a 29g tank for a year now with just one damsel, two hermit crabs, and some pulsing xenia.

I'm looking at adding a couple of clowns and something else (wife hasn't made up her mind yet). My only thought is if the clowns pair up and do their thing, as much as I would like to try to raise them I don't have the space for another tank to raise them. I was wondering what other do with their unwanted eggs just remove them or wait until they hatch and try to catch them and remove them.

P.S. I'm up in the air on what else I could add to the tank with the clowns any input would be great.

Thanks

Hello Webos, welcome to Reef Frontiers :)
Most people end up seeing the eggs gone by the next day anyhow. I would not worry about that just yet. Clownfish do not just up and start breeding normally. It takes a lot to get most to spawn after pairing.

Webos,
I said the same thing you just did,about a year ago!

I love my clowns, and when they first started spawning I totally freaked out, thinking about "Nemo" hatching and then getting all eaten up. All the LFSs said that the spawning was great nutrition for the tank and I now agree, even though the MOM in me wants to grow them all up. I vote you get a couple of Clowns and just enjoy them, they're easy, colorful and fun. Don't get too worried if they get in a family way ( or if they don't.)

Back