New goodies with issues...some help, please?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

LottaRox

Yay! more blastos! hmmm, pretty...wait, what is that? Peanut worm coming up through the tissue?!? :eek:OMG!wudoI do?! Should I remove it? If so, how?, and will it hurt the polyp?

This blasto has a friend...I think it is an algae of some kind (Lobophora?, google yielded very little) or a really big flatworm(LOL), any thoughts?

And the favites are sproutin' all sorts of algae....What about these holes? Has boring algae taken hold or is the cause something else? Oh well, time to harvest so the QT stays clean ....click...click..cli..:eek:I don't think I could have moved any faster if I'd touched a hot stove. Looks like a pistol shrimp living in the crags (Is this possible? or is it...the dreaded MS?), hoarded food down in the cracks and now I have an algae farm. It clicks when the snails and hermits get close to a hole or crevice and it grabs foody bits with tiny little pincers on really long arms and sticks one big claw out in front like a shield. I haven't been able to see the eyes or the rest of it. Will it come out on it's own or do I have to entice it to find a better home.

I ordered a Pachyseris, it doesn't look quite like I expected so could it be that I got an Australogyras instead. I'm sure there's someone out there that can tell if I got a mis-IDed coral or if there 're rocks in my head.

I'd sure appreciate any input, thanks in advance.

Back