New guy and his corner tank.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

conradryaan

Hey guys, my name is Conrad and I'm from Seattle currently living in north Idaho.
I started out in fresh water, always had a love for fish and keeping them. Then one day I saw a cleaner shrimp(yes that was my gateway in lol) and decided I would build a saltwater tank!
so here is my current set up, it's a sixty gallon corner tank with a ten gallon sump.
Everything I have I either got as a small frag or as a baby because half the fun is watching them grow up! ha
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/26/he4upy3a.jpg[/

livestock:
yellow watchman and tiger pistol
true percula clown
banggai cardinal
2x black clown goby
purple fire fish
hectors goby
sailfin blenny
spotted mandarin
3x sexy shrimp
2x peppermint
cleaner shrimp
and clean up crew

ugenaqyr.jpg

Hows the mandarin doing? Eating prepared food at all? They can be tough to keep without a decent sized fuge....

he is doing great. no prepared foods, just pods.
my sump is set up for them and spotted mandarins stay smaller then the more popular ones. so they eat less.
he is plump! haha
trust me I did many months of planning for him and countless hours of research on dragonets. if he ever starts to look thin I will just bring him back.
I have had him for about a month now though. also on top of all that I just bought a 125g today!
new tank build! haha

Always interested in how people get the most out of their sumps.. and a 10 gallon with a decent fuge sounds like it would be kind of impressive. Have any pics?

Will you be doing a build thread for the 125?

there's a shot of the sump.
and yes I will. I will probably start it tonight as I get it ready for setting up. I'm excited!

there is a skimmer in another chamber
pypu3eru.jpg

and yes he was a very bad shrimp lol.
I don't know what I'm going to do for lighting on the new tank!!!!!

thanks Trido. I was looking at pictures of them from when I first got them. it's crazy how much they have grown since then!

Very nice tank. I look forward to seeing your new tank. Do you have a lid on your tank or mesh of some sort to keep the fire fish from jumping out?

Back