New guy and his corner tank.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

WELCOME!!! Nice job on the tank. You really don't know how much things a growing until you look at a before pic , then you say......WHOA! I didn't realize how these things have grown. I do it ALLLL the time.

tangdr, the whole top is covered with a sealed acrylic top. no worries(;
the new tank as turned into a pain in my butt lol
thanks tike. I love this tank and it's set up but it is time to go bigger.
go big or go home lol
unless you love nanos, then I guess you can stay haha

Nice looking tank. good luck with jumping to the bigger one. I moved up from at 26 bow to a 75 and couldn't be happier. Everything seems to be so much easier now.

What is the orange disc? I have been told that layout is sort of an artists decision, as long as you keep your stuff 4" away from each other. Unfortunately, some of my corals seem to be right on top of each other, but everything seems happy

As far as lights, look into the Maxspect Mazarra... I have had my setup since sept and I went and bought a set for my GFs tank as well. Now I have 6 modules (3 on my 24 gallon and 3 on her 55).

Oh I almost missed this thread. Glad I saw it. Great tank. I love the little black clown goby. those guys are soo cool.

yeah the two of them have great personalities. but they are also very lazy lol. that orange coral is a crater brain. it's a beaut and it changes it's colors around. it's fun to watch

yeah the two of them have great personalities. but they are also very lazy lol. that orange coral is a crater brain. it's a beaut and it changes it's colors around. it's fun to watch

i have a yellow in the 75 and a citrus in the work pico. lots and lost of personality. the citrus hangs on 'my' side of the tank all morning just begging for attention.
would have to page back... you have any sps? i've caught my yellow at least considering nipping at polyps...

no sps. but it seems like my radioactive dragon eyes are always closed. but that has been happening before I got the clown gobies. not really sure who the culprit is. one of my clown gobies is trying to host my frogspawn with my true perc. lol once the clown chased him away he decided he would just hover on top of the hammers

if/when your ready for sps its a lot of fun to wathc them swim between the branches. the behaviour is more natural for them, and the perching is much coolor that way. no sps in my work pico, and that clown coby does just fine, but i can see differences between the way they act with and without branching coral...

that's what I've read. I will probably do a few sps once I get the new tank going. this tank now is pretty stocked. but all this stuff in a 125 is going to look like nothing haha.

Back