New Guy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mustang Boy

I dont know if this is the right section to post this so if it is not Mods please feel free to move it to the appropriate section of the forum

Hello all my name is Justin and i just acquired my first SW tank a few weeks ago cause it was a steal and i had already been doing alot of research about SW tanks cause i thought they were really interesting and wanted to get one eventually but i came by an offer i couldnt resist.

I have a 6gal eclipse tank with a mantis shrimp in it. I bought the tank already up and running from my old LFS that was moving to a different part of the state so they had it marked down so i couldnt pass it up. The same day i bought the tank i bought the tank i also picked up 1-2lb of good sized live rubble and another 1-2lbs of small live rock. I have since picked up 1.5 more lbs of small live rock from my new LFS and also a better bulb for the tank

and before i catch any slack for buying an animal without doing research on it first the night i heard my LFS was moving and would be shutting down the location near me and was marking the tank down i ran home and my mother and i did as much research on mantis shrimps as possible so i could take care of it properly

and the future plans for the shrimp are a larger tank with more live rock and maybe eventually some corals

ill have to find a cam i know we have one around here somewhere but i dont think ill be able to get any pics of the mantis cause she has been pretty reclusive lately i think she is preparing to molt :D

Welcome to Reef Frontiers.

Do you know how long the old LFS had the tank running with the mantis shrimp?

Gary

i know the tank had been there for atleast a couple weeks but how long before that i dont know cause i was living in a different city going to school so i hadnt been there for a couple months

and i have now had the tank for almost a month now

will do

and i wish i could edit my title to include 'with a mantis tank' to draw a little more attention from the fellow mantis keepers here but oh well

Back