new home and stand for my cube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

keener1830

lawnmower
So after getting settled into the new home I have finished my new stand and put the tank where it is going to live. Still have to finish the light holder so the tank will be without a light for a week or two.
All put on stand
IMAG0264-3.jpg

With couch in place
IMAG0265-2.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0265-1.jpg
    IMAG0265-1.jpg
    37.6 KB
  • IMAG0264-1.jpg
    IMAG0264-1.jpg
    13.4 KB
Last edited:
Do you have the stand braced to the wall? It is very tall and narrow, not a very big foot print for all that weight way up on top.

On a lighter note, Dont you want to turn your couch around to face the tank? lol

PS do you need to move the couch for access to the cabinet?

Is there any corals in the tank? 3 weeks is a long time without lights

Peppie
No the stand is not braced to the wall it is pretty heavy and not really top heavy I tested the thing before I put any thing on it. Yes I do have to move to the couch to get to the stand and there is a love seat that faces the tank :) The only thing living in the tank right now is a cleaner crew as I killed my test damsel off when I did a water change with out heating the new water fish, oops I know better. So the light should be no problem.

I am pretty sure a fish could survive without the lights but the corals would not.

I asked about the stand being attached, because of your location.
Does the earth not move down there? LOL

I'm liking the look almost done with the light stand then to do some rework on the rock and put some fish and corals in.

I had an issue with the filter about 1.5 years ago came home from vacation and found only an inch of water left in my tank. The new one is going to have a tall back with a water fall on front in case my gravity drain clogs again it will go back into the tank not on the floor.

Back