New LEDs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well actually ordered some stark LEDs and these are the same ones SWC is selling. 10 x 3w Cree led whites and 10 x 3w Cree led blue both are dim-able. Will have them Friday. I will start a thread on those.

Well actually ordered some stark LEDs and these are the same ones SWC is selling. 10 x 3w Cree led whites and 10 x 3w Cree led blue both are dim-able. Will have them Friday. I will start a thread on those.

Awesome! You will love this light. My corals have never looked better. Feel free to post any pictures in this thread too for comparison.

I can't wait. This will be placing 3x250w hqi's and maybe my 4 x48"t-5's and hopefully my 1/2 hp chiller. :) I will keep you posted. Comes in Friday so I might get it up saturday.

Here is 1.5 months growth of my green-tipped birdsnest under the SWC LED lights. I think this is a pretty good indication that LEDs are just as good as metal halides and T5s for coral growth.

June 2, 2011
IMG_8975.jpg

July 17, 2011
IMG_9320.jpg

Nice pics. My same LEDs are performing awesome. I had a couple acros that were lost causes and they now have a dozen or more new stocks and coloring up in the 8 weeks of new LEDs from mh. I am extremely happy with my results.

Anyone have any information on the actual frequency spectrum as well as the change in intensity over time?

Wouldn't it be nice if the LED's specifically did not put out any light at the frequencies required for nuisance algaes ...

Anyone have any information on the actual frequency spectrum as well as the change in intensity over time?

Wouldn't it be nice if the LED's specifically did not put out any light at the frequencies required for nuisance algaes ...

That would be very nice if they could figure that out. Not sure about the spectrum of these lights though

Here is 1.5 months growth of my green-tipped birdsnest under the SWC LED lights. I think this is a pretty good indication that LEDs are just as good as metal halides and T5s for coral growth.

June 2, 2011
IMG_8975.jpg

July 17, 2011
IMG_9320.jpg

Sept 11, 2011

IMG_9924.jpg

I think the proof is in the picture. These SWC lights will grow anything you put in your tank.

Back