New on here, my plans etc.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I like to think of it the same way as sweating

:lol: I love you krish :lol:

Yes, krish not cool infront of the ladies but better than dieing from heat stroke. :lol:

Serious: Evaporative cooling is the basis of humans sweating, dogs panting, pigs rolling in anything wet (including siht), and brenden keeping his tank cool. :)

:lol:I love you krish:lol:

Yes, krish not cool infront of the ladies but better than dieing from heat stroke. :lol:

ROFL! Hey man...If from the Bahamas. It's never cool:p

When I added my metal halides to my 75gal, I had crazy heat issues and I got my temp down using 5 fans in my canopy (3 sucking out of the top and 2 blowing across the water) and (1) 5 inch fan over my sump. I had tons of evaporation, but the tank cooled. I eventually bought a chiller to ensure everything remained stable but evaporation helps a lot:)

no way! feeblebob your from rotherham? I live between sheff and rotherham! small world eh!

I've been to SAS, but I know of another place that's local where the prices are about 1/2 what they are there at SAS. let me know if you need any bit's I'm just upgrading my tank this weekend so I'll have a beech juwel rio 125 and about 15kg of live rock, external for row-phos/carbon etc and possible a skimmer depending all ready for ebay by monday... if you need anything let me know - I'd prefer the liverock to go local anyway save it having to cycle again.

I'm not super experienced (about 4 months) and it would be nice to have someone local to chat N03 levels with rather than the girlfriend! :p

where abouts in rotherham are you?

dave.

Back