New Phosphate Remover from Warner Marine

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
The new media is larger. Its pellets. The package states not to prewash.
It also looks like it covers more volume. 125 grams is recommended for 125 gallons. I am excited to try it. Its nice to see people constantly improving their products to be the best.:)

Links

Hi Ed do you have a Manufactor Link?

Ed Hahn said:
The new media is larger. Its pellets. The package states not to prewash.
It also looks like it covers more volume. 125 grams is recommended for 125 gallons. I am excited to try it. Its nice to see people constantly improving their products to be the best.:)

I was pretty tired last night. I am sorry. The name is Reef Pure PHOSaR. I am definitely ready to try it.
Thank you Boomer:)

Last edited:
Do any of our sponsors carry this? I've been looking for a phosphate remover that I can just run in a micron bag for my 20G tank.

-Dylan

thanks for the kind words guys...

It's a great new material for removing Phosphates... can be used IN a reactor but doesn't NEED to be in one. The pelleted shape completely resists channeling, clumping and you can run higher flow thru your reactor because media is more likely to tumble than "flutter".
In a media bag it works well as long as it receives some water flow such as in an overflow or in a sump next to your skimmer return or whatever...
Granular material locks together because the media forms irregular shapes and the pressure of being in a media bag provides friction to form a nearly solid lump of GFO.
In house we've tested water flow thru the 3 major Phos products... and the GFH (the moist one) literally flows near ZERO, the granular media flows SLIGHTLY and the PHOSaR about 800% more.

jon

Llarian said:
Do any of our sponsors carry this? I've been looking for a phosphate remover that I can just run in a micron bag for my 20G tank.

-Dylan

Any of the usuals have access to the new products... just ask them :D

jon warner said:
We've sent the first shipment to Champion Lighting. The others will have it soon, just call and ask them.

Thanks Jon. Nobody new what I was talking about when I tried to get some earlier this week. I'll call champion.

Don

Tagging along to see what everyone thinks when they try it out. I've been happy with all the WM products I've used, so I'll be interested in this, as well.

Phosar

Ok, I bought a media bag.
Here is two jars of 125 grams or 250 grams of Phosar and media bag.

My picture is not as close up as Jon's, but here is one container open.

I would recommend rinsing it with RO or RO/DI water, but its your choice.

Here is why..

stupid trick of filling media bag by Key Board. Don't try this at home, he he..

As you can see there is residue from pellets. I have a RO unit plumbed to my Kitchen Sink. This is what I recommend doing is rinsing the media and letting the excess flow into drain with Filtered water.

I placed Media bag before my return pump in my sump.

I am pretty sure this will work. I have a little bit of algae bloom on my glass.
If all works as planned, my glass will most likely been clean.
I will report back soon.
Ed:)

Matt,
You should be able to get it from Champion Lighting. I got mine directly from Warner Marine.

Yah sure Ed, shoot a water jet at it so it gets all over the house and the wife gets pissed:D

OK, looks more like trout cow now :lol:

You are suppose to fill media bags in the sink :)

note:
Stay away from all bombs and explosive devices:D

Back