New Phosphate Remover from Warner Marine

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ed,
Do you have any idea as to whether it can be used in a reactor like a phosban reactor? I know it does not have to be used that way, but could it, or will there be problems with it crushing?

Also, I have been reading about the manufacturer offering a sample. After researching about this product, I would like to give it a try. And as you know, I ran out of phosban a few weeks ago and am looking to restart something.

Mat

Mat

Hello all,
We answered those "results" that were spread by a competitor, they were pure marketing hype. PHOSaR does not need high flow to perform well, the pelleted shape allows water flow quite readily. High flow will damage most all media including GAC. However, even if Ferric Oxide based media is "ground up" it is harmless. The particles would simply float around the tank, adsorbing Phosphate and be removed by the skimmer. All of our initial testing for the last 6 months has been very positive and the results of dozens of hobbyists the last month or so have been awesome. For you Seattle guys, remember that Saltwater City and Blue Sierra both carry Warner Marine and can get PHOSaR with ONE phonecall, just ask them.

Best Wishes,

Jon

Matt,
I will give you some rowaphos on the 22nd if we can meet somewhere.
I would recommend Jons new product Phosar. I was amazed how well it worked in a short time. But then again, Murphy's law burnt me with media bag going into the Dolphin pump. If you want Rowaphos I have some, but if you want something better, Phosar is worth the wait. I do not know how well it works in a reactor. I can tell you this. When it shot through my pump and went through out the tank. Nothing that I know of was harmed except for my pride. My algae on the glass came back after this happened.

That is much appreciated Ed. I actually just got a pm from jon about getting some to try. Sounds like a great product. I will let you know about the 22nd. If it works out you should come by, check out the tank again and maybe pick up a frag or two. I have a few things that are big enough to frag and are pretty nice.

Mat

When do you think it will be available in Canada?

My LFS of choice doesn't seem to carry your stuff... :confused:

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
When do you think it will be available in Canada?

My LFS of choice doesn't seem to carry your stuff... :confused:

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve,

We unfortunately don't have any dealers in B.C.. If your lfs would contact us we could set them up! Wai's Aquarium Ltd in Calgary will have it by the end of the month though.

Jon

Back