New pics with tri-pod

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have the d70 and LOVE it. Im not sure if the d40 has it but when looking through the viewfinder on the d70 there is a bar on the bottom with info. There is a section that looks like + . . 0 . . - If the picture is properly exposed it will look like my example, if it is under exposed it will have bars between the 0 and the -. If it is overexposed it will have bars between the 0 and the +. It is generally pretty accurate but you still need to adjust slightly according to your taste. you have good framing and it seems the white balance is just fine. beautiful corals and beautiful pictures!!!

Oh I forgot to mention (something you probably already know) use the shutterspeed and the f stop to adjust the exosure level. since your on a tripod I would go with slow shutter speeds and increase my f stops to compensate. that will get you the greatest detail and depth of field.

I have the d70 and LOVE it. Im not sure if the d40 has it but when looking through the viewfinder on the d70 there is a bar on the bottom with info. There is a section that looks like + . . 0 . . - If the picture is properly exposed it will look like my example, if it is under exposed it will have bars between the 0 and the -. If it is overexposed it will have bars between the 0 and the +. It is generally pretty accurate but you still need to adjust slightly according to your taste. you have good framing and it seems the white balance is just fine. beautiful corals and beautiful pictures!!!

Thanks again for the good tips and for your comment. I am still very new to Nikon and to photography in general. Just try to share some pics of my coral with my new toys :)

Some macro pics:
montigt6.jpg

60384823fr5.jpg

dsc0574tr1.jpg

WOW!!!!!! how old is your tank? and how long have you been in the hobby. I like your variety in color and shape. I think that is an after though for a lot of people after everything has already grown in. very nice

Looking great!

Thanks, Cy for the corals and tips :)

WOW!!!!!! how old is your tank? and how long have you been in the hobby. I like your variety in color and shape. I think that is an after though for a lot of people after everything has already grown in. very nice

Thanks, Gaz for your comment. I just got involved with this addictive hobby last year in August for the first time :) and start with that 150G empty tank :) and learned along the way... majority of stuffs were from little frags or small colonies... well... reeffrontiers is a very good place to learn and share though :)

what you have accomplished in a little over a year is impressive. great job

Back