New pictures from the Aquarium of the Pacific

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Blazer88

I was in Long Beach CA this week for work and of course slipped away to the aquarium for some new shots. I was there earlier this year but didn't have a very good lens to use (I didn't like my 24-105 F/4L), my 17-55 F/2.8 IS was a much better choice this time around. I think the shots came out ok considering the typical public conditions (low light, no tripod, and of course they wouldn't turn the pumps off for me, lol). I'll post some of them, the rest of my shots are in my smugmug gallery. Enjoy!

1) Crazy looking Wrasse. Tough to photograph since he was in a cylinder tank, I was lucky that he swam directly in front of me.
IMG_2841-Edit.jpg

2) Big and ugly cold-water fish
IMG_2881-Edit.jpg

3) Nasty looking Moray Eel
IMG_2925-Edit.jpg

4) Bird Wrasse
IMG_3033-Edit.jpg

5) This guy was really tough to photograph since he was at the top of the tank. I was just blindly holding the camera up and took a bunch of pictures, this was the best that I could get.
IMG_2945-Edit.jpg

6) My first Octopus that I've ever shot. This little guy (2-3") was just chilling on the glass.
IMG_2781-Edit.jpg

7) A cool cold-water anemone tank
IMG_2888-Edit.jpg

8) Moorish Idol
IMG_2933-Edit.jpg

The rest of them are in here.
http://parchen.smugmug.com/gallery/3995033

Aquarium of the Pacific is a great place! I live in so cal and we visit once a year around memorial weekend time. My wife always has a seminar memorial weekend in Costa Mesa, I take the kiddos and we hit the aquarium, some reef stores in irvine and coasta mesa and eat at the Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant across the street from the aquarium. It's a very cool place. In fact it sparked our interest in our reef tank. For 3 to 4 years, every time we would leave the aquarium, my daughter would always say, "daddy I want a saltwater tank" Well after our visit two years ago, and that same thing coming out of her mouth, whala we have a beautiful reef. Beautiful photos and I highly recommend to visit in person.

Back