New Pink Zoos

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MtnDewMan

RF Premium Member
Thanks to jlehigh, I have some new pink zoos in the tank. They are just now starting to show their pretty faces from their ordeal to my tank ...

Thanks John ...

04-16-06_pink_zoos.jpg

thanks guys!

actually Chris, John and I placed an order for 41 frags from Reefermadness... obviously did "ok" :)

MtnDewMan said:
Thanks to jlehigh, I have some new pink zoos in the tank. They are just now starting to show their pretty faces from their ordeal to my tank ...

Thanks John ...
hey chuck, if you want to ship a small smidgeon of those to me that would be great. steve

Bad news ... it appears the pink zoos did not transfer well and were nearly disintegrated upon getting home from work today. Needless to say there was a lot of decay and hence had to perform a 50% water change on the small tank. Will do another water change tomorrow as well. Hope things are okay for the other livestock after this. I had to remove the pink zoos from the tank ...

Sorry about that John

Bad news ... it appears the pink zoos did not transfer well and were nearly disintegrated upon getting home from work today. Needless to say there was a lot of decay and hence had to perform a 50% water change on the small tank. Will do another water change tomorrow as well. Hope things are okay for the other livestock after this. I had to remove the pink zoos from the tank ...

Sorry about that John

Bummer...Sorry to hear that Chuck. Better luck next time...:doubt:

ohh dood that sucks about your zoos and weird because i thought zoos were hardy, i hope they get better!!.
My zoos were almost death and came back to life from all the water changes i've been doing so keep up with the water :) .

spongebob lover said:
ohh dood that sucks about your zoos and weird because i thought zoos were hardy, i hope they get better!!.
My zoos were almost death and came back to life from all the water changes i've been doing so keep up with the water :) .

That’s true for the most part however those particular ones are from the pacific grow in massive amounts of high current. This is why they almost seem to come right out of the mat and have very small stalks. When placed in lower flow they are Very easily taken over by algae’s and can quickly melt away. Because of this these pink zoanthus are very poor shippers. Even the small trips with no flow can be there down fall. Once you get a colony of these you should place them in immediately into very high flow and take a soft brush and clean them off very well. After that it’s a wait and see. Once you do get a good specimen they are just as hardy as any other zoanthid. if you can get some caribbean ones they do alot better but are not as nice IMO

PS: when i say alot of flow i mean alot. = to that of a well made all sps system

That’s true for the most part however those particular ones are from the pacific grow in massive amounts of high current. This is why they almost seem to come right out of the mat and have very small stalks. When placed in lower flow they are Very easily taken over by algae’s and can quickly melt away. Because of this these pink zoanthus are very poor shippers. Even the small trips with no flow can be there down fall. Once you get a colony of these you should place them in immediately into very high flow and take a soft brush and clean them off very well. After that it’s a wait and see. Once you do get a good specimen they are just as hardy as any other zoanthid. if you can get some caribbean ones they do alot better but are not as nice IMO

PS: when i say alot of flow i mean alot. = to that of a well made all sps system

wouu thank you for sharing the info dood :) .
I didn't know that for the pink ones you need to have a really strong current... even though i think most of them need it don't they?

spongebob lover said:
wouu thank you for sharing the info dood :) .
I didn't know that for the pink ones you need to have a really strong current... even though i think most of them need it don't they?

no other zoanthid needs the flow that the pinks do. take a tunze and place the colony right in front of it and it would be VERY happy. most other zoanthids would not even open under that flow

We'll giver it another go sometime soon Chuck. I don't exactly have a shortage ;)

I can see these liking allot of flow... They seem to thrive in the direct path of my penductors.

jlehigh said:
We'll giver it another go sometime soon Chuck. I don't exactly have a shortage ;)

I can see these liking allot of flow... They seem to thrive in the direct path of my penductors.
keep kn mind its not that they like the flow its that without it they are taken over. they have no tollerance of algea because they grow in such mass amounts of flows its not an issue. So once they get some algea they go down hill and they go FAST

Back