New Pink Zoos

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I dont think algae was the issue in Chuck's tank. It is VERY clean with no visible algae. There extraction from my tank wasnt exactly delicate as I had to scrape them off the starboard bottom with an algae scraper.

I think I'll scrape some more up, then glue them to small rocks and let them recover before giving them out in the future.

jlehigh said:
I dont think algae was the issue in Chuck's tank. It is VERY clean with no visible algae. There extraction from my tank wasnt exactly delicate as I had to scrape them off the starboard bottom with an algae scraper.

I think I'll scrape some more up, then glue them to small rocks and let them recover before giving them out in the future.

nothing to do with how clean his tank is. my guess is that they started to have a whitish look to them and in a day or so melted away. maybe over night. a poor frag would not help them any since they would have already been stressed but with this zoanthid that cotton looking culprit is almost always the demise. any otehr zoanthid fraged in the way you mention would almost always be just fine.

amp ... sounds exactly what happened. Whitish and then they melted and really fowled the tank. I did a couple of water changes that night. Now I am hoping all is good with it. I will find out on Sunday :)

MtnDewMan said:
amp ... sounds exactly what happened. Whitish and then they melted and really fowled the tank. I did a couple of water changes that night. Now I am hoping all is good with it. I will find out on Sunday :)

Unless it was a really big piece or you have a really small tank you should be without trouble

Back