New RO/DI Unit

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

She-man!? You wanna start somethin'?! :)

My RO/DI is also brand spankin' new. It's only about 20 gallons old, at best, at this point. Also, it's 110 TDS coming into the RO is after the 0.5 micron sediment and 0.5 micron GAC. My tap water, as mentioned, is in the mid 300s, somewhere. I sure wish I had more pressure, though. 45psi is a GOOD day.

Na I'm just sayin that the numbers on hobby tds meters are always off. According to your newly posted accurate numbers:) your running 100 percent effeciency just as you would in a lab enviroment with perfect water pressure and temperature. Since your pressure is low and we can pretty much count on temp being off we know thats not possible. Thus why hobby tds meters are just a guide and should be used to measure changes rather than actual tds. Give it a shot with a real meter and youll see what I mean.:)

Don

If you know, what is your pressure? I can't get my rodi under 10. input 130ish at 55psi. Will a booster help?

Sounds like the DI may be exhausted. Or the meter is out of calibration!
:) But upon exiting the RO/DI system look to be around 0 ppm. Especially when considering your incoming water to be at 130 ppm!!!

As a side note you should not be any higher than 13-15 ppm leaving your RO membrane!

Pete
AquaFX.NET

Back