New roommate

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

5ft24

Picked up a VERY nice RBTA this afternoon from Craigslist.
Paid 50 bucks, got the 10 pound live rock she was attached to and happy and healthy as can be... fully open she is about 6" across!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Picked up a VERY nice RBTA this afternoon from Craigslist.
Paid 50 bucks, got the 10 pound live rock she was attached to and happy and healthy as can be... fully open she is about 6" across!

Pictures, we need pictures of this new addition.

I loaned a guy my 50 gallon when he had a leak in his 75 gallon. When he brought it back, he brought me an RBTA, about 1" across, a fresh split from his own. I put it on a rock and it moved 1" below where I put it and 3 weeks later, that's where it has stayed. He is growing and seems happy now.

20131006_155830-1.jpg

Wow... it relocated a bit last night and opened up... almost 8" across!!!

20131007_134318.jpg

Wow... never seen an RBTA this big before!!!
It is happy!

20131009_093031.jpg

He's still figuring out where he wants to be... anchored himself at the bottom of that rock last night.

Hmmm. I'd keep a watchful eye on that nem. I've heard of countless tank crashes caused by nems getting stuck in powerheads, disintegrating and nuking an entire tank.

Hmmm. I'd keep a watchful eye on that nem. I've heard of countless tank crashes caused by nems getting stuck in powerheads, disintegrating and nuking an entire tank.

She anchored herself under her rock and when the lights come on, she pops out, bubbles up and is happy. No more reaching. Have a condy at the other end of the tank that's happy as well.
Definitely keep my eyes open, as I had a friend have that happen a couple years ago.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back