New saltwater room (pic heavy)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Coralczy

So we are in the process of finishing this up finally. I figured since I posted pics of our inside tanks I would also show what we are still trying to finish by building a new sw room. We still need to add the fish only tanks and some lighting but are in the home stretch finally. Our quarantine section includes two split 37g tanks. Then the new coral section is split. There are 6 split 37g tanks that feed into a 8 ft sump that will house softies to lps. Then we have a 5ft 90g with its own sump for sps. And the part that hasnt been completed is 3 split 37g tanks for fish only. The plan is to run LEDs on the main system but for now it's a mix of T-5 and 250watt MH. The 90 has a dual 250watt MH with T-5 actinics and moon lights. So on to the pics :cheer2:

That's quite the fish room. How many gallons total will there be? Are you going to have an in-wall tank view from the house?

Very impressive setup, are you starting up an Online Business importing and selling both Fish and Coral or Aquaculture facility ???

Or.......... is this just an over-the-top personal obsession...lol

Cheers, Todd

It started as I needed more room and now it's going to be open to the public. Our area really doesn't have a true sw store and the locals here are getting restless. Lol. Everyone around here either has to drive a hour or more north or south to get any kind of selection so with help from a few with construction, time, and equipment we've made it kind of a community store. I'm in the works for the license and talking to distributors all over the world to get a little of everything brought in. This obsession has turned from basic to extreme for us. I use to work at a pet store locally and we helped build a sw section there but it's limited so we decided to take on the challenge. We are hoping to do some breeding and aquaculture. I'm hoping in the next year to expand another 10x30ft area off the other side of my home for a grow out room and to install a large display tank that will hold all main colonies to be displayed. It's all still a work in progress and we are working on it daily but with the sw community here supporting us we are having a blast.

I hope this endeavor works out for you. Its looks like your off to a great start.

odd question. That black bin with the yellow lid you are using as a sump. Would it happen to be a Commander XXL? I saw this bin at the hardware store but was hesistant to buy it because it did not specify what kind of plastic it was made out of. Would you be able to provide me with the details of that bin? thanks!

Back