New site in the works

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It looks Awesome!!! so much better. Can't wait to see what else he has in store for us :D

We still need to take out the part about being a non-profit, since we have never been. Legaly we cannot claim that we are.

Curious why there needs to be a revolving banner on the pages? Is that a requirement from the sponsors? My humble opinion is that it will detract from the website.

The sponsors page has their info, banners and links, and could have even more information if provided. But unless there is a specific requirement from the sponsors to have their banners all over the site, well, it really shouldn't be there.

That's just my take.

Ohh and hello everyone. :)

Im working on the site in my spare time at the moment. I should have announcements up soon then work on a method for the board to post news and announcements to the site.

Welcome Aboard Eric!

Ohh and hello everyone. :)

Im working on the site in my spare time at the moment. I should have announcements up soon then work on a method for the board to post news and announcements to the site.

Oh, and Hello Eric Lol.
We are damn glad that you are there (big Ole Grin)
Sincerely and thanks in Advance,
Ed:)

SO Eric, do you think you can gleen the info from the evite and/or regular forum post on the holiday party and get it posted on the existing site (unless you are able to on the new one).

We are finding alot of people look at the site but dont find the info; and we keep directing them there.

THanks a bunch

The old website could be replaced with the new one now, if you all approve of it. The rest of the things that I still need to take care of is background stuff that the visitors won't see. Other than getting more info on their, I just used the info from the old site.

Is there an E-invite for the holiday party yet? I haven't seen a time or address anywhere yet. Or other information.

Curious why there needs to be a revolving banner on the pages? Is that a requirement from the sponsors? My humble opinion is that it will detract from the website.

The sponsors page has their info, banners and links, and could have even more information if provided. But unless there is a specific requirement from the sponsors to have their banners all over the site, well, it really shouldn't be there.

That's just my take.

hi eric and welcome!! the new site looks way cool!!
we really need the revolving banner on the home page so that we can maintain commitments made to current sponsors and use it as a tool for offering advertising to potential future sponsors, they very much prefer to have their banners seen on the top of the home page, like every other reef site. also love the photo gallery idea, that is awesome!!
also, do you think it would be worth while to set up our own forum on like phpbb or the like? we discussed having one seperate of reef frontiers and would be very interested if that was possible.

Hey Eric, any progress with the site? I really want to get the new member section up and running and the info was on the old site, so not sure if it got lost or not.

My goal for the club this year was getting our site more useful, and making the club look more professional.

I also wonder about our own forum on the PSAS site itself. I've been reading tons about what makes a successful club, and we need to make the site very positive.

Any other ideas out there? I was thinking about highlighting a sponsor on the front page each month or something.

Lets get some ideas flowing.

I just looked at the site -

I'd like to add a section on the front page; like bold and at the top or right under the monthly meeting info - to highlight one sponsor a month; talk about their store or what makes it special. Then it could be moved to another page and eventually each sponsor would have a write up so to speak.

We need to give them advertising so we get more help when needed from them.

We also did promise front page banners. Anyway to get that on the front page; maybe below the page heading?

Back