New Skimmer!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Your 8 bulb fixture, IF it has ICR Reflectors and proper ballast, will allow you to grow anything you want, all the way down to the bottom of the tank. As for your skimmer question, you can't go wrong with SWC. I'm running an SWC MiniS Cone, on my 200 Deep Dimension, with a heavy bioload and love it!

well, for 200g you have a few choices for good skimmers...
what your looking for is about 600lph air injection per every 100g,
so we want a skimmer with about 1200lph air injection,
a cone body, and a nice bubble plate;

SWC 230 Cone
Reef Octopus SUPER SRO 3000INT In-Sump Protein Skimmer - AquaCave
http://www.reefspecialty.com/virtue...834-bubble-magus-bm180ex-protein-skimmer.html

both the SWC mini S and the SWC 180 cone have the sicce psk 2500 pump, which I still love as a skimmer pump, BUT!!
it's not for those who dont wish to get their hands wet... you will be tinkering with this pump some for sure...
but still a great pump and those 2 models are excellent skimmers with great design features!

Last edited:
Skimmy, Define "tinkering". Does that mean making some minor adjustments or taking the whole thing out of the sump?

In short- will it require more or less than 6 four-letter words to tinker with it?

It is at least 45 minutes to partly disconnect and then reconnect the sumps just to get this thing in there.

Back