A blue tip Acro
P2164409.jpg

A Bali Slimer
P2184427.jpg

What was a green Seriatopora but has turned to this under my lighting
P2204439.jpg

Least but not last a Monti frag
P2054337.jpg

All except the A Millapora are frags from local lfs. The A millapora is a farmed coral which is a lovely pink colour. My photographs do not do justice to the corals.
If any body could provide Id to any of my corals it would be very much appreciated. Here in the Uk many shops just sell corals as for instance '' A Monti sp or a Acropora sp ''

nice frags there hingeback. i love those days when you go to the lfs and get as many frags as your wallet can hold. expecially when your stocking a new tank! nowadays, its maintaining and seeing if you have anymore real estate in the tanks. :( happy reefing!:)

Thanks for the nice coments apollothesun.
Here are a couple of updated photos.

This is the Green Bali Slimer now a lovely orange/brown Bali Slimer. The white area to the right branch was caused by a xanthid crab. It did quite a bit of damage that is now healing nicely.
P3154730.jpg

This is the Blue Tip Acro ? Acro Nana
Acro.jpg

I had replaced my 250w 14k unit and bulb as it became damaged. I replaced it with a Iwasaki 150w 6500k unit and bulb. I was told this bulb had the same par as my 250w. I have lost some colour but have gained growth and a lot more polyp extension on all my sps corals. To be honest I am not bothered about the colour as I am more concenered with keeping my corals healthy at the present time. In the past I have not been able to keep Sps corals, hence this new reef. Touch wood it is going quite well.
I do plan to add more lighting, Actinic and maybe a 20000k bulb in the near future.

Last edited:
Hi Kevin,
Yes things are looking better for me and more importantly for my sps corals. I am not getting carried away yet but I am getting more optomistic as the weeks go by.
Thanks to everyone for their help and encouragement. Hopefully you all do not mind if I keep updating my progress with my corals. Although they are not the most colourful or unusual corals, I am very happy with them.

Hopefully you all do not mind if I keep updating my progress with my corals.
Not at all. Keep those pictures coming.
Although they are not the most colourful or unusual corals, I am very happy with them.
That is what matters most! Here is the definition of hobby:
"An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure." ;)
I think we can all use a reminder of that from time to time :lol:

Cheers,
Kevin

Back