New stand

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dieden

Exocoetidae
Well, I'm finally getting some progress!!!!!.... I finally decided to build a new stand while I am waiting to see if I will move residences or not. My girlfriend wanted something that was more comfortable to look at while standing. The old tank made you bend over to view just about anything. (not that there was anything in there yet) The stand will be 39" tall by 4' wide by 18 1/2" deep.That puts the top of the tank at 60" and the top of the hood at 73" :0. I have decided to do satin finish black on the exterior and high gloss white interior. It will be built with 2x4 main support, all weight bearing surfaces will be 3/4" plywood (double for the actual tank deck) and the exterior will be 1/2" cabinet grade plywood. I just bought everything today to the tune of $150.00 (gotta love employee discounts) I hope to start in the morning and be done with just about everything but painting by dinner. (there will be a little water skiing during that time too) I am considering replacing the tank due to the fact that it is a second hand tank with a few chips out of one back corner, but we will see if I can afford it. Anyways, I'll have pictures up tomorrow!

pics!!!

tanknew.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

tankback.jpg

I got most of it together today... i am having to change the way I'm doing the doors because my girlfriend saw it a differant way. so, other than that and the mouldint all I have to do is prime and paint. I'll get some more pics up tomorrow.

Well, I just realized that I never updated this thread.... Well I got the stand done and am waiting on an upcoming move before I fill the tank. Ignore the ugly hood, it was second hand and I have decided to destroy it before I start the reef. The new hood will exactly match the stand. I will be getting a new tank from glasscages pretty soon because I just don't really trust this tank. Water tests went okay, but with a chip in the BOTTOM corner I don't want to push it

camera auto white balance
Picture010.jpg

after adjusting the white balance.....
Picture011.jpg

Gotta love adjusting white balance

Back