New tank means new coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Admiral Awesome

getting my 8 gallon and I was wondering what coral I should put in there. I really want one big thing that is big and colorful. I really just want one really big coral that fills the whole tank. I was going to get a bubble tip anemone but alot of people told me not to so I am not getting one. Please Give me suggestions and advice.

I would go with a Big Torch coral, Very pretty durring the day!
wavey tenticals just like an anemone! heres mine
LPSandfrag-elrock003.jpg
jan19024.jpg

i second a large leather or a yellow/neon toad stool

your not gonna convert one of your tanks into a saltwater? biocubes are nice but there pretty much a tank with lights with a big price tag.

i second a large leather or a yellow/neon toad stool

your not gonna convert one of your tanks into a saltwater? biocubes are nice but there pretty much a tank with lights with a big price tag.

But the lights are the expensive part and all of my fish that I currently have are all special to me and I could not part with them.

i will give you a 29 gallon tank, save your money and buy a light and a couple powerheads and put what you want in it

no it is just a 29 gallon tank, now that i think about i have a 12 gallon bio cube for ya that needs a light, but i think you would be better off with the ugly 29 gallon all glass. bio cubes are highly over rated

no it is just a 29 gallon tank, now that i think about i have a 12 gallon bio cube for ya that needs a light, but i think you would be better off with the ugly 29 gallon all glass. bio cubes are highly over rated

How much is the 12 gallon? Does it come with a stand because It is prabably cheaper then buying lights, filter, protien skimmer, and all that jazz for a 29 gallon then just lights for a bocube:)

i need to step away from the computer for a bit to help with kids and dinner, but iam going to pm you to talk about your options. im sure i can help you out

What about a carpet anemone??

if u haven't already learn from your previous post any anemone in a biocube is not recommended... and the confined space of the biocube would mostly likely leave the anemones stuck in a powerhead. also with powercompacts only ur looking at softies and maybe some easy lps and that is about it.

Get yourself some xenia along with a couple shrooms and a nice rock of green star polyp. It'll be colorful and have a decent amount of movement to keep the eyes happy. All of the above will easily grow well in your tank as well.

Back