New tank pics from tonight.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks very much folks . I have put alot of hard work into it and am glad others appreciate that hard work .

BigT - I runn 3x 250 de phx 14ks in ROIII pendants running ice cap electronics and 2x90 super atinic VHO.

pluguglie - I have gotten lots of frags local and from across the US. I also have bugged a local shop enough that they now carry some very sweet stuff with my help pointing the way to the good distributors. As a matter of fact I picked 3 really nice pieces tonight and one of them is a Purple moster look alike from the solomans and it has the trademark white polyps :)

Maxx= My powder blue is a model fish . I have had it since it was the size of a silver dollar and has been thru a few of my tanks with other tangs , angels and wrasses. My wrasses and PBT always eat together when I put a sheet of nori in for them to munch on . I also have another PBT which came from a tank where it was the only fish and it had no problems adjusting to life with another tang , an angel , full grown maroon , dotty back and some wrasses. That PBT hasn't had any problems with those fish either.

krish75 said:
I ask for pictures, I got pictures(LOL) That's a really nice tank you have Clockwork and eventhough it's jammed packed, it still looks spaceous. Thanks for sharing the photos...

Thanks !.......:D yeah I was surprised too ! Fun part was taking them all . I took 133 pics and sorted out those few ;) Its amazing how quick 133 pictures goes when you get into it.

:) Dude, your tank is off the hook. Everything looks great...

How often do you change your bulbs?
After you change your bulbs, do you change the amount of time that they are on?

Dang Clockwork! I can see why you wanted to post some pics. You're tank is blowing up right now. Everything looks great. I'm an sps guy myself, but I must say you've got some really nice LPS too.

petitreef said:
:) Dude, your tank is off the hook. Everything looks great...

How often do you change your bulbs?
After you change your bulbs, do you change the amount of time that they are on?

I change every 9 months on average. I Don't cut back on lighting just keep a close eye on things .

Travis said:
Dang Clockwork! I can see why you wanted to post some pics. You're tank is blowing up right now. Everything looks great. I'm an sps guy myself, but I must say you've got some really nice LPS too.

Thanks Travis . I kike all corals almost and lps are my second favorite. I have many nice ones that are hiding in my prop tank until I can re aquascape when my choice colonies or corals are weeded out of the rest in another 4 months . Thats what I can't wait for . Is to have all my nicest sps grown into nice colonies while my less desirables will go into my mixed tank and prop tank.

thanks again everyone for the comments.

What kind of lighting do you have?

EDIT - Sorry I just noticed there was a second page of posts.

Hey experts,

Is the granulosa/loripes the third one from the bottom on the first set of pics?
Just curious...I've got a good sized colony that has the same structure and people always comment on how "cool" it is...I'd love to have an idea of the scientific name...
TIA

This one? If so yes :)

granulosa-growth-b.jpg

That's it Clockwork! Mine's more of a solid teal though...It doesn't have those killer purple tips!
The polyp structure is the same though...really unique, and people always comment favorably when they notice this piece in my tank. Is this considered an unusual or rare type of acro?
And thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!

i hate having that beginner feeling all over again....lol great tank can you give some equipment pics?

Reelheel- That is my favorite coral . I am sure it would turn blue if I raised it higher in the tank but I am happy with the color it has kept while at the bottom . I also wouldn't say they are rare just seem like you don't see them as offten . I got mine online thru a wholesaler that was 200 miles away in the same state but havent seen one in a LFS.

Sryder -Thanks ! Sorry not much for equipment pics.

heres a rundown though.

3x250 reef optix III pendants with 14k Phx run on ice cap electronics
2x90 super atinic vho ice cap ballast
Euro reef 8-2 skimmer
Phosban reactor running phosban
Reef Fanatic Auto top off
3 x Tunze 6100 streams on single controllers
Dolphin ampmaster 3000 feeding Closed loop
Korralin 1502 calcium reactor
Milwaukee sm122 ph controller for Calcium reactor
Sander Ozone being feed by a luft airpump thru a red sea airdrier and to the skimmer.
Aqua Controller II for tank control
Ranco controller for my chiller
and last but not least my West Coast Aquatics 1/4hp chiller.

How long have you been using the Phoenix 14K's?

Nick

Sorry it seems my email notifications get messed up sometimes.

I have been using the phoenix for 9 months now :)

Back