New Tank Purchase - Who to buy from locally?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Zechirian

Looking to upgrade to a 120G tank and want to go glass.

I've called around to Aquarium Paradise, Oceans By Design and Barrier Reef Aquarium. All have similar prices and only really offer one manufacturer (Aqueon). Is there anyone else in the Seattle/Portland area that would be worth shopping and have some really good customer service?

I've also tried Up Scales in Tualatin but they are the most expensive so far.

Thanks!

I would try CL for used tanks. There are a LOT of really good deals there!!!

I have been looking at craigslist and while I've purchased MANY tanks over the years I think it is time to go brand new for a tank that I plan to have for many many years. :)

Yup and I stopped in there today to talk with them about some stuff, if it's really just those 3 players in the Seattle area i'll probably just pick the one that makes the most sense. I was hoping someone knew of another store that was great to deal with and had some good pricing. :)

I got mine from OBD and I love it. It is a 120 gallon. 48"x26"x22". What I really like is there is no silicone in the corners like Aqueon, so I can clean off algae right to the corners. It has coast to coast overflows too. Aquarium 92014 002.jpg

I purchased my Marineland 120g from sumner during there annual tank sale. Not my fav store but the tank for the price I wanted.
Hths
D

I had my 150gal glass tank built there. Its 48x36x20 custom drilled for a closed loop. I have been very happy with it. I also had my 50gal acrylic sump custom made by them also. Very happy with the setup.

I have a friend here in Olympia that is going to have Mike at OBD build her a 250+ gallon tank.
Heard the tentative plans are for 275 gallons, but haven't seen the plans yet.

Second http://www.worldclassaquariums.com/ he did great work for me. And with Custom you get exactly the shape that best takes advantage of your space. Although I would love a taller tank I'm glad I got talked out because of #1 cost and #2 my arms just arn't that long. After living with a 25" tall for 3 years I want a deeper one right up until I clean... and the I want a 12" one ;).

Back