New Tank w/Sump...need help!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

str8juizy

saltygurl
I have had a 50 gallon reef tank with a hang on protien skimmer for over a year & today I bought an entire system that has been used for only 1 yr. 75 gallon bow front tank - not drilled, under tank 4 chamber sump with all plumbing & skimmer. I do not know how to get it set up. I have the basic knowledge of what it is supposed to do but no idea where everything goes. The tank also came with lighting with a bunch of wires that are here & there & everywhere. I was hoping someone might want to either call me, write me or even better if you live close to Federal Way, come over & help me get it up & running. If you come I can pay for your help. I am not in a hurry as I know it will take me some planning & time to get everything moved over from my current tank but I am really excited to be making this upgrade. Anyone feel like being my savior?

Rachel

Good luck! I just set my first tank up. Was very intimidating at first but an expert walked me through it on the phone. Glad you found someone willing to come out and help.

how is everything going so far water cleared up yet remember to do a water change on the 55 tank...... don't want anything dieing in there.

for a tank with no Mech filtration other then a cannister and skimmer your tanks looks good. clean no nuisance algae and you use tap water. I want to plant dollar bills in your tank hopefully you can get them to grow also. LOL

He he he... funny. Dollar bills. I bet I could grow em!

Update to all from my original post of this thread... Changed my mind about the 72 gallon & got a 92 gallon corner tank with overflow. Built a stand for it, got the sump up & running with skimmer, LR, Chaeto. Tank has new live sand, crushed coral & a bit of live sand from my old tank & 30 pounds of live rock. After my first glass heater blew up in the tank I went out & bought a titanium one :). Water has cleared up, specs are good, just added one fish & a couple pieces of LR from my old tank. So far so good. Will add some of the softies tomorrow night then everything else on Sunday. I will miss my old tank but this one is going to be a show stopper! Finally got my living room cleaned up enough to walk through :) My family was beginning to think they would never be able to watch tv without standing up again! He he he... we all know what it is like to move everything from one tank to another... stuff everywhere!

Justin - I am ready for you to wire my lighting! I will post pics for everyone else as soon as I have time.

Back