New to forums, storm recovery! Tank for sale also

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Spdu4ria

Hello All...

I am new to the forums, and from the looks of it will be here a lot more in the months to come. I too along with a lot of people here on the forums have been destroyed from the windstorm we had up here, I had 2 tanks take a nose dive. My large 140 reef tank went down, along with a 72 gallon tank. At hour 40 of no power stuff was starting to die, so i gathered up everything that was still alive and took it to my good friend Wil up at Reef Mystique in Lake Stevens. I am selling my 140 full set up as a package price for very cheap. Here is what i got

140 Gallon Flat Back Trapazoid Hex Acrylic Tank
Dual Overflows w/ complete plumbing
Oak Stand (stand and hood in perfect shape)
Oak Hood w/
3x48, 1x30 VHO Lighting 2 blue, 2 white.
Bulbs were just replaced 3 months ago also.
ARO Ballast(only 3 months old)
2x 250 watt Metal Halide w/ 20,000k Bulbs
Individual Ballast for each Bulb(10 months old)
1 extra ballast in case 1 goes bad(brand new)

20 Gallon Sump w/ External 2000 GPH pump(3 year old pump)
Both Stand and Hood contain Ice Cap fans for additional cooling

Red Sea Berlin Skimmer included. Rated up to 250 Gallons I had good success w/ this unit but would honestly suggest the purchase of a new skimmer. This one works, but is VERY HARD to get dialed in correctly and then to maintain its effectiveness.

Pacific Coast Imports Chiller CL650 ¼ hp(10months old)
NOTE: Chiller stills works, but has lost refrigerant charge and will need to be sent to PCI for recharge/repair. Motor works just fine, along w/ fan. Chiller is less than 1 year old so should be covered under there warranty.

600GPH Pump for feeding chiller.
600GPH Pump for running skimmer
Maxi Jet 1200 additional tank circulation

In this tank I housed about 9 fish w/ a large stock of corals. With this lighting you can pretty much grow any coral you wish. The tank will need more cleaning once picked up, as I can only clean so much from my current apartment. The tank is overall in great shape, no damage at all, but before it is set back up, you should spend some time doing a polish of the front part from the inside to remove alot of minor scratches, all of which should come out nicely.

I am looking to get about $1300 or so for the full set up.

I also have another skimmer here I am willing to sell also. Its a CoralLife Super Skimmer rated at 65 gallons. Which is like new w/ only like 1 month of use on it.

You can either reply here w/ questions and/or offers or you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks Guys!!

These pics of when it was brand new w/ a fish only set up.

Attachments

• tank1.JPG
    tank1.JPG
    9.5 KB
  • tank2.JPG
    tank2.JPG
    10.1 KB
yeah i was the one to drop those percs off at wills, I told him last sunday he could sell them as I reserved those HUGE maroons he had in the anenome tank. Those black percs are soooooo nice, resilent as all hell. They lived in 69 degree water w/o circulation for like 42 hours and then the long haul to wills w/o even looking bad at all. He has probably sold them by now, just because he said he would get 4-6 peeps a day offering to buy them.

As for the windstorm, yeah its kinda rare. We usually get some wind here and there, but this was just down right crazy bad, knocked out entire power grids all over for days.

Back