New to Reef Frontiers !

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

WAFalconer

Hi Everyone,

My name is Shilo and I'm new to Reef Frontiers. Hubby and I are currently located in Northern CA, but are soon moving to WA (McChord AFB area.)

I started out keeping FW tanks, and switched over to SW in November of 2003....that was the beginning of the end...
Working for the USAF, hubby and I move a good bit, so I started off with a 125g, downsized to a 55g, downsized to a 29g, up to a 46g and now I currently have a 20g reef. I'm planning on upgrading after we move....hopefully a 72g+

I'm hoping to find some people who are in the Tacoma/Olympia area of WA to chat with. I can't seem to find any groups in those areas, so if anyone knows of any, please let me know.

I am in Renton, but very frequently in the Tacoma/Olympia area, and always up for a good chat! Welcome to RF!!!!

Shawn

Hi Shilo,
Drop me a line when you get up here. I'm not far and there are plenty of us in the area who can show you around.

Susie

Just joined today myself.

Hoping to share and to contribute my experiences and my downfalls in this hobby. I also hope to learn new concepts and absorb knowledge and experiences from others in this community.

I've been keeping reefs since '96, joined the reefkeepers list back in '98 (I think?). Joined RC and Reefs.org back in 2000 and 1999 respectively. Contributed a lot early on, left the boards for a while after a lot of mud slinging (or sand slinging) was going on. Came back after about a year to find a lot of people had left or had been booted. I needed a new home...

Hopefully I can share my opinions and experiences, even if they differ than yours. :D

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the warm welcome !!!

Susie, thank you. :) Brian (hubby) is up there at the moment doing training, and I'm going to be headed that way in the beginning of June sometime. Once we get settled in, I'll definately get in touch with you.

Dan, www.lostinseattle.com is an awesome site !!! Lots of info on the stores that are listed - two thumbs up !

Welcome, Mike !

Hubby and I lived in Pemberton, NJ for a while (beautiful State !)..then we were transferred out to CA....:rolleyes:

Hi Shilo,

My 11 yr old's name is Shilo... You'll love it here. We have a very active reef club that meets in the greater Seattle area monthly. You can check our our web page at www.thepsas.org for some info. Our big yearly fund raising picnic is in June, date isn't confirmed yet, but would be a fun way to meet a bunch of reefers. Send me you email address and I'll put you on our evite list so you can see what our meetings are about.

Colleen

Hey Shilo,
Will you be moving your established tank or starting over when you get here?

Susie :)

I'll be moving my tank. Its only a 20g, and approx a 10hr drive, so its a piece of cake in comparison to previous moves ! ;) lol
Somewhat daunting, none the less, but just something else to add a little excitement to the move ! lol

I've got a small pair of Perc.'s, a neon goby, a yellow clown goby, a lawnmower blenny, skunk cleaner shrimp, some snails and hermits, about 30# LR, about 15# LS and some corals (mainly zoas, some yumas, shrooms and other softies, and a monti.)

Welcome everybody!!! Hope you like this site... and also you should check the local reef cluc PSAS also found on this website.

Back