New to Reef Frontiers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bearjohnson

Hello all,

My name is Mark and I'm new to the site but not to reefing. I currently have a 125g reef tank that is a little over a year old. I've had salt and fresh tanks off and on for the last 15+ years and continue to learn something new every day.

I'm looking forward listening to ideas and afford whatever help I can along the way to whomever will listen.

Mark

Welcome aboard Mark, looking forward to knowing/seeing more about your system :popcorn:
How did you find or come across Reef Frontiers ?

Cheers, Todd

Hey welcome to RF. Glad you stumbled upon us.
Look forward to hearing more about your system and seeing pics when you're able to post them.
More though we look forward to hearing about your insight and experience in the hobby.

The bigger the better I always say.
I've been looking to upgrade the 125 but just haven't been able to pull the trigger on it yet. Currently I'm considering a 120 for my "Man Room" lol and I think that may happen before the 125 upgrade.

I'm looking for the 125 upgrade to be something like a 240 long but, I'm open to ideas. I had a 150 tall and I couldn't stand the snorkel gear ever time I needed to try and reach into it for whatever the reason.

Yeah, I wouldn't like the 150 tall either. I had a tall tank once and didnt care for having to go diving to reach the bottom.

I just recently picked up a 240, well they said it was a 250, but the dimensions and all, it probably only holds 240 gals. It is a sweet size. I cant wait to get it filled.
Here is my build thread. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f70/well-your-going-think-im-crazy-66375/

I need a ladder to get to the bottom of it, but then I need the ladder to get to the bottom of my 90 also. Even with tongs.

Keep looking. One that you really want will show up when you least expect it.

Believe it or not I just read through that when I was fumbling around. I'll get a tank thread started as soon as I get settled in here.
Good luck! I'm looking forward to tagging along.

Yeah, I wouldn't like the 150 tall either. I had a tall tank once and didnt care for having to go diving to reach the bottom.

I just recently picked up a 240, well they said it was a 250, but the dimensions and all, it probably only holds 240 gals. It is a sweet size. I cant wait to get it filled.
Here is my build thread. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f70/well-your-going-think-im-crazy-66375/

I need a ladder to get to the bottom of it, but then I need the ladder to get to the bottom of my 90 also. Even with tongs.

Keep looking. One that you really want will show up when you least expect it.

Last edited:
Back