New to the Forum

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Terrance

I was referred from a GSAS member. I'm new to reefing and probably won't set up anything for another ~2 years. I joined this forum to talk to locals about tanks, filtration, water quality, and any puffer fish.

So far I've been dealing with only FW tank. I have a 20g tank with a puffer. And I also have a 120g with a 40g sump. Next tank will be a porcupine puffer tank.

Terrance

Welcome to Reef Frontiers. I believe anything you will ever want to know about saltwater fish keeping, you can find in the forums here either in articles or from other members threads. Just ask. So you think its going to be 2 years before you set up a tank do you! Boy you really have some patients. I had 5 tanks set up in a matter of two years. Actually more. LOL....
Any way, cant wait to see your puffer tank when you get it started.

Welcome to RF!! :welcome:. I had a freshwater tank with little puffers in it. They use to chase and harass all of the other fish lol. Even though it isn't salt, post some pics! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea we want to see your puffers!!!!

Welcome
BTW I am going to predict your "1st" saltwater tank will be up before the end of the year

Here is my FW Fahaka puffer "Barney". He lives in my 120g with sump. He likes to bury himself in sand and has similar behavior of a Porcupine puffer.
I'm working on building an algae turf scrubber to improve water quality in between weekly water changes.
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/TerrancePuffer/IMG_0059.jpg

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/TerrancePuffer/IMG_0258.jpg

Here is my FW Turgidus puffer "Titus". He lives in a 20g. He hides all day, but comes out when I enter the room.
He is about to be transferred to my 40g sump.
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/TerrancePuffer/DSCN2576.jpg

The Porcupine tank will be a long build because I'm saving money to upgrade a ~$1000 guitar. I get guitar lessons next to Barrier Reef in Renton. I can't seem to find the entrance though. I saw their sign though.

I get guitar lessons next to Barrier Reef in Renton. I can't seem to find the entrance though. I saw their sign though.

LOL...Their door is around the back of the building behind MacDonalds.

Those are some cute little fish.

the sign is right where the door is. as long as your at the building with the taryoki place behind mc donalds. go around the back of that building you will see the intrance.

Last edited:
LOL...Their door is around the back of the building behind MacDonalds.

Those are some cute little fish.

yes, barrier needs to do something about that. I went there twice and only found it the second time after practiacally giving up, I got a burger and parked behind the mcdonalds there...and there the angels sang as I seen their sign. couldn't choke down that burger fast enough at that point!

Back