New to the Seattle area, help me find some cool saltwater stores!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I made it up to Red C a couple weeks ago. Fish selection was pretty good and if you want to start up a tank they had a good selection of glass aquariums. Had some choice corals but were pretty expensive. Not much for sps. Indoor Reef is in Tacoma and was the first store I ever visited over 5 years ago. They have a good fish selection most of the time but the coral selection is slim unless you like softies. They really need to revamp the store and possibly rethink their system. I also made a trip out there on a friday a few weeks ago and got there at 6:40 pm and the door was locked and lights were off. The hours were until 7 pm that night so I was a bit frustrated after calling to say I would be coming by. Blue Sierra used to be pretty good as the fish and coral selection was good and if you wanted to start a tank you could that day as they always had a good selection of equipment. I'm never dissapointed with Barrier reef in Renton. This is a top notch lfs. The coral and fish selection is outstanding and everything is healthy and colors vibrant. I keep looking for other stores to try out but always say to myself I should have just gone to BR. The pricing is fair and during their sales you can save a ton. Sps selection is the best and they have all the nice and often rare designer stuff you can only get online. Plus the staff is great and easy to work with.

Back