New to the site-wanting to say hi!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ambers20

My name is Amber and I am new to the site. I have had saltwater set-ups for over 5 years-my first was a fish only tank in Guam that kept having die off issues. Imagine that. It was a 180 gallon acrylic tank with a canister filter and three 20K halides. I set up a 6 gallon hex with some sergent majors and damsels that I caught myself and had great luck. So after having the same 180 reef tank here in washington using a sump, skimmer and better lighting of course, I back to my downsize to a 29 gallon. Just transfering some of my stock from my 180 after selling off most of the rest of it and getting started on my new build.

29 gallon with backpack filter skimmer combo
30-40lbs cured live rock
madarin goby
starry blenny
ricordia mushrooms
small clam
other random mushrooms
some blue legged hermits
nasarrius snails
bubble anenome (trying to bring it back from the almost dead)
350 watts actinic, halide, led combo lighting

might add some blue chromis
a couple of shrimp
a yellow watchman goby
and a couple of firefish

any one have any toher suggestions I would love to hear them. like I said all of the rock is already established from my large tank. i did add new sand and the backpack unit so I am not sure what kind of cycling time I will need. Thanks for reading I'll post pics as the tank gets set up.

Hello welcome to reef frontiers..
Haveacookie.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome! So you are going to put all the fish listed in your first post in your new 29 or just a couple? A 29 might be a bit small to support a mandarin without a fuge to provide lots of pods and if you throw in any other fish that are also eating pods, you might run into problems.

Welcome! So you are going to put all the fish listed in your first post in your new 29 or just a couple? A 29 might be a bit small to support a mandarin without a fuge to provide lots of pods and if you throw in any other fish that are also eating pods, you might run into problems.

I plan on setting up a fuge and in the meantime I am stocking my pods. I won't have all of the fish listed in the set-up I am just trying to decide between those fish listed. Any recommendations?

Back