New to the site

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

well its been 1.5 months since i posted, not much time for the tank lately. i did have time to come up with the next stage plan. which was to remove the blue acrylic from the tank & paint the back & side walls black.

tankpaint2.JPG

i also drilled bigger holes for the bulkhead(1.5"),2 for the overflow, 1 to feed the CL pump.

holedrilling.JPG

i drilled the overflow holes a little too close together so i had to mod one of the bulkheads

bulkh2.JPG

i picked up some black acrylic to make the new overflow box out of, i'll be using Weld-on 16 to glue it together & i have 5 tubes of DAP 100% silicone to reseal the seams where the blue acrylic joined with the glass corners.

i also put a bulkhead in my fuge so it can feed into the middle section of my sump(bypassing the skimmer section)

fuge1.JPG

Hi Joe, If you don't mind me asking, What do you do for a living? I wouldn't say that you are a jack of all trades, Looks more like you are a master of a lot of them. Really looks good. I can already see that I'm gonna be a little jel. lol. Wishing you the best and keep the pictures coming!!!

Back