new trigger fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

morgan

commercial coral diver
hey everyone bout 2 weeks ago my mate said to me he wanted to buy me an expensive fish and not the type to look a gift horse in the mouth so we went the lfs and he spotted this bueaty 125 dollars worth of fish i got it for 95 and the rest is history it an awsome fish and hasnt looked at any of my soft corals as food its still quiet shy but i got sum buet shots so check them out and tell me what u reackon

p.s it looks quiet differnt from the one in the gallery

Hey thats a nice Blue line,check out my blue line.

bluelinepe7.jpg

hey thats nice its amazing to see that of the 3 differnt speciems ive seen now all have very differnt patterns. dose yours have 3 blue spots one over the eye the dorsal fin and tale fin mine will flare these when he see food and stuff awsome fish aye

how much did u pay for yours?
do u know where it was caught?
has if eaten any coral?
cheers dr.dee

you wont have any problems with them eating corals......just anything that moves............it's too bad that one of the prettiest triggers is also one of the nastiest of them all...............the maze pattern on the adults is just awsome.

nasty i dont think so i have a little 2 spot tang in the tank with him and he isnt intrested in it at all my false gramma is giving it more grief then the trigger i also heard this was a more dosial then other such as the clown trigger
thnx for the reply always appreciated

Morgan, I got it at the wholesaler for about 45.00 they are nice fish and i don't see them very often.Not sure of the reef thing if its safe for small fish it can kick A$$ real fast, here is a lager pic.;
bluelineqf4.jpg

Oh i forgot he will swim for food;)

45 thats good mine was free lol my mate bought it for me so i would set up a predator tank but hes in my softy tank with sum other fish that aint predators lol he did have a price tag of 125 but im mates with the lfs owner so got it for 95 which is cool aye
i just think its unreal how dirrent the coloration between urs and mine is so differnt
u know the full size of this fish is about 50cm which is about foot and a half
mine really likes sea scallops so do my corals

i think mine was collected from north western australia althought they are found in
the great barrier reef, N.W australia and thoughout S.E asia Indo-C pacific

how big is your one and is it in qt in those pics??

give him some time......................heck i see small clown triggers get picked on quite a bit.....that is tell he figures out hes a trigger and can fight back. i would say that in my experiences with blue lines is that they are just as nasty as clowns in the long run. but heck, i've been doing this long enough to where not much surprises me anymore. i mean you could tell me that you had a neon goby eat a lionfish and i'd believe ya.....i've seen some intersting things in this hobby. hopefully he will stay fairly docile and you can have years of enjoyment........lets keep them fingers crossed eh??

Back