Newbie setting up a 29g salt tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks for all of the replies. I will take a look at the eshopps skimmers. Coolhand - what kind of live stock do you have in your 20g?

Sorry for the delay but right now i have a wellsophyllia a handful of different zoos, a ricordia, and a favia! I will upload some recent pics to my build thread! :)

Thanks for the info... I was at the ocean for the weekend so no computer.... I will look into the different skimmers and contact myteemouse if I decide to drill... Thanks a lot!!

I am leaning towards the Hydor Koralia Nano 425 to provide water movement in the tank. Does anyone have any experience with this type of power head?

Do you think one would provide enough circulation in the tank or would two be better?

I am leaning towards the Hydor Koralia Nano 425 to provide water movement in the tank. Does anyone have any experience with this type of power head?

Do you think one would provide enough circulation in the tank or would two be better?

I would say two. Point them at each other so you get lots of random currents causes from the streams of water impacting each other towards the middle of the tank.

I think that is what I will do. I also posed the question under the 'general' section to get more people to see it. Having two seems to be the way to go.....

Thanks

Tanks up and running for 4 weeks now. Got some established live rock from fellow reefer to go with the rock I got from Reef Cleaners. (Nice Rock) One piece of live rock came with some coral on it and they have stuck around and even grown a little. Going to add a fish or two this weekend. Have 10 snails in it right now. Had first algea bloom start christmas day and last for six days. Cleaned up pretty fast - had to clean the glass several times a day during the bloom.... Pics are with cell phone... Need to get a camera!!!!!

IMG00047-20110107-1240.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice!! Your phone takes pretty good pics!! :p. One thing I noticed was the surface of your water looks very still. If this is so, you might want to try and icrease your surface aggitation a bit as it helps with oxygen exchange. :)

I would suggest using two larger koralias. I have two of the Evolution 1400's in my 30 gal tank.
Both attached to the back of the tank. One on each end with one pointed upwards towards the middle of the tank and one pointed downwards to the middle.

Last edited:
Back