newbie to reef frontiers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

west

heres some pics of my tank

50620023.jpg

just afew more close ups, although i have not got a recent pic of the whole of tank, i hope you like.

50620018-4.jpg

50620104.jpg

50620092-1.jpg

this is my fav, 16inches across pink magnifica
5of5-1.jpg

West,

1st, and formost... WELCOME TO REEF FRONTIERS!!! :D :D :D

Very nice looking tank! Can you tell us more about your setup? How long have you been at this tank? Is this your 1st tank, or as so many of us have done, your "upgraded" tank? ;)

I appreciate the sharing of your pictures... it is what I enjoy most about this forum, being able to see many different systems, and enjoying the beauty of each and every one of them! :)

Welcome again, and I look forward to reading more from you here in the future!!!

hi lakeEd and all,
ive presently got a 6ft reef tank and 1metr by 1metre fish only tank both with sumps. 1stly i dont get to techie with my tanks because i look very much at the electricity bills coming in-well my wife does anyway. ihad many tanks over the years from 7fts to 3ft and cold water marines from our local coastlines.
the 6ft has refugium based 4ft tank, tunze skimmer, seio pumps, 2 x 150w 10,000k halides, 2 x 54w 14,000k t5 and 2 x 54w actinics and thats as techie as it goes, this tank being runing 2yrs and my main attraction in this tank is the anemone at 4 yrs old.
the fish only tank is more basic 1metre square 2ft high with sump but has a 10,000ltr-p-hr seio pump with in it. the oldest member is the blueface angel at 8 yrs old and 10 in, i hope this helps ed while make my way around the site

All.jpg

Cube.jpg

I have enjoyed the look of BOTH of your tanks! :)

Very nice Blueface, as well as the Trigger in the backround!!! :D

yes thats a picasso, not aggresive towards other mates, but he gets very upset with achilles tang when tang irratates him.

right hand side of tank and then left hand side

50620028-2.jpg

50620029-2.jpg

and heres a pic from one of my older tanks now taken apart.

reeffamily.jpg

Glorious :) I love your tanks AND most especially your fish!
I am curious sometimes you use the metric system when talking about your tanks and sometimes not (thank goodness for me I am an inches/foot girl...) . So my question is are you comfortable using either systyem??
I know, I know silly question :razz::razz::rolleyes::lol:

Last edited:
I see the anemone keeps moving about in your various pictures. Has it ever got in trouble before ?

I had a magnificent before...it was roaming all over the tank until one day he fell down the overflow, blocked the pipes and flooded my living room.I got him out, still alive, but gave him away...no more for me...

Back