Newest Addition

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just got this lil' guy yesterday from Aquarium Solutions. Figured I'd show it off. My first T. maxima!!

3182413545_e3d02e53d2.jpg

3183247226_ff832990a9.jpg

NICE thats gonna be my next big purchase is a clam after a "NEW" MH bulb!
I need to start to research clams a little so I know what ones go on rock not sand.

Derasas and Gigas normally live on sand. Squamosa, Maxima and Crocea live higher in the rocks. This is also very helpful to us reefkeepers because Derasas and Gigas aren't as light demanding as Squamosa, Maxim and Croceas. I've kept a Derasa that outgrew my tank after about 18 months. I also have 2 T. croceas about midway up my tank. My tank is lit by a 6 bulb T5 fixture.

They need lots of light, my tiny maxima took in all the light I could give it, awesome to keep for sure! Congrats! :)

What a Clammy!

Good choice Michael! The neon striations in the mantle are awesome. I'd like to see pictures in a few months after he's had a chance to settle in a grow...keep us all informed.

All the Best

Nice clam Sid! I wish I still have my clams:(! I had to get rid of all mines because they were sucking up so much calcium and I don't have a calcium reactor. Its OK though now that they are no longer in my tank my SPS seems to grow faster. I will have a bunch of clams once I get a bigger tank set-up.

awesome, considering how much mine has colored up in the past few months, give him a few months and his color will be off the chart . . .

Back