NFL Playoffs Week 2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'm still completely dumbfounded on a couple of ref decisions. It was a little loud while watching the game but there was a call on the Seahawks where the ref made a false start motion and called it on the hawks. Am I just retarded and did not know that a frickin defense could get a false start or did he call something else and just motioned false start?

Also its fourth and 1 on a great stop by the hawks. Somebody calls timeout, it goes to commercial break and the game comes back from commercial as 1st and 10 and the ball being hiked? WTF was up with that. Both pivotal plays as I believe the bears scored on at least one of those drives that should have been dead. Somebody please help me on this I'm extremely confused.

Also its fourth and 1 on a great stop by the hawks. Somebody calls timeout, it goes to commercial break and the game comes back from commercial as 1st and 10 and the ball being hiked? WTF was up with that. Both pivotal plays as I believe the bears scored on at least one of those drives that should have been dead. Somebody please help me on this I'm extremely confused.

Even though i rooted for the bears all the way. I believe that it was an Official's timeout. How it became 1st and 10 is beyond me as well.

Also are you talking about when the bears were getting ready to punt towards the end of the game and they called false start on number 56 of the seahawks? I believe that after reviewing the replay you could cleary see him jump straight up and that is illegal.

I still couldn't believe we made it out of that game alive. That was a real nail biter! It worries me as to how we will do against some of the better teams to come?

All the games came down to the clock, I can't believe how close each game was. I agree that commercial break was in bad timing but it is a done deal, so off to next week!

Yeah, i was watching the Patriots vs. Chargers game and that was an amazing game as well. What i want to know is at the end of the game when the teams were shaking hands one of the guys from the chargers got into it with one of the guys from the patriots. Anyone know what happened there?

Yeah, i was watching the Patriots vs. Chargers game and that was an amazing game as well. What i want to know is at the end of the game when the teams were shaking hands one of the guys from the chargers got into it with one of the guys from the patriots. Anyone know what happened there?

The Chargers were not too happy with the Patriots becuase they were mimicking Shawn Merrimen's "Lights Out" in the middle of the field. A guy from the chargers also came up and head butted a patriot, I believe from that play. Not positive as I missed a little bit of it.

Also as far as that seahawks play where the guy jumped up, that was the play. I could have sworn that it is only a penalty if you jump towards the guy or cross the line. Not trying to defend the seahawks because they could have done more to win it, its our own fault, just trying to figure the refs out.

I'm still completely dumbfounded on a couple of ref decisions. It was a little loud while watching the game but there was a call on the Seahawks where the ref made a false start motion and called it on the hawks. Am I just retarded and did not know that a frickin defense could get a false start or did he call something else and just motioned false start?

I believe there is a rule that does not allow any movement during a field goal try, that is what I understood for what they were saying. They could do it on any other defensive play but not on a FG try.
The other play you mention was kind of strange but they gave the Bears a new spot because the runner knees have not touch the grass until the ball was acroos the 1st down mark, they showed the reply and you could see the line ref running in to the fiel much sooner befor the runner was down.

That was a hell of a game, Seahawks fans need to be proud of your team, they played their hearts out. Chicago just go one more break on their favor.

Sorry guys/gals.

Last edited:
If I'm allowed:

Colts
Eagles
Hawks
Chargers

DaBrowns: We are picking 2 teams not 4, I'm sorry I did not see your post until now, I would have informed you earlyer.

However, I was going to accept your last two picks (as I would if someone changes their mind), but you didn't have any points with them, so I counted all 4 picks. Better luck next week. :)

Reference "NFL Playoffs Week 1" for rules.

Last edited:
That was a hell of a game, Seahawks fans need to be proud of your team, they played their hearts out. Chicago just go one more break on their favor.

i'm very proud of my team dood :D ... we almost had the bears... i think in the over time is when everything went down .... you could even see Mike homgren(however you spell his name :p) yelling at them ... what the funk are you guys doing !! :D .
i agree with hooked on the whole commecials, that was not fair that we didn't get to see it.... it looked fishy :p .
Well now i don't know what i'm gonna do every weekend without seeing my Seahawks :(, but ohh well.... i can't wait for next year !! :D .
Hey now i was watching the after game and hasselbeck was saying that one of our players is retiring, who is retiring ???
i had to go to the bathroom to do a quick one and i couldn't hear :p .

What the heck does that mean?

well what do you do when you go to the bathroom :lol: ? !!

Robbie Tobeck(Center) is retiring and possibly Mack Strong.

no :eek: !!! dood !!! dood !!! dood !!! i hope they don't let them retire :p .
loosing both of them would be horrible :( ...

Mack Strong is a hell of a blocker, that would be a big loss.

Hey Gaby you could cheer for Da Bears!

yeah hot Mack Strong would be a huge loss......he's to hot :( :lol: ... no but seriously that'd be horrible.

hehe i know i could cheer for the bears but they way i'm seeing it right now is ........ freaking field goal :lol: .

Actually for the ones that i'm truthly rooting for ... and it's not only because he's hot, sexy, funny in his comercials and good on the field (or at least i think) is Manning and the Colts :p:D :lol: still right now the husband and i are divided because he wants the bears to win :rolleyes: (pff he calls himself a seahawk fan and he wasn't even wearing the go seahawks shirt i bought him and the 12 man pin i got us :rolleyes: :lol: ) .

Back