Nitrate??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I would get a regular skimmer all together if your going to buy anything & no bio-balls:D
You still would need to stay on top of your water changes, that regal eats & poops a good bit for a small tank! Otherwise your tank looks really nice!

Thanks i'll do water change every week and i add some more LR today.

krish what do u think if i change my bak pak whith AquaFuge2™ PS Large.
http://www.cpraquatic.com/products/aquafugeps.html

I almost bought a CPR Aquafuge before because I liked the idea of a skimmer and refugium in one, but I opted for seperate componets to suit my needs better. The thing you'd have to keep in mind with going with that combo is you will have not only your tank to care for, but the refugium as well as you don't want detritus settling in their either degrading water quality so that will have to be vaccumed out periodically as well. No real biggie, but just wanted you to keep that in mind. However, with using it though, you'd have the added benefit of extra water volume which is always good as it provides more stability for your system and also, it will provide you with a place outside of the display tank to keep a macro algae like chaeto that can help in binding up excess nitrates and phosphates. The only thing I'm a bit skeptical about on the whole thing is I've never used a CPR skimmer before so couldn't say how good they really were. In any event, I'd love to run a hang on refugium on my Aquapod, but I'd want a skimmer I knew performed well in there and would probably swap it out for an AquaC remora:p Water changes are key though so I'd keep up with them like Scooter suggested :)

Oh, I forgot something my CPR backpack skimmer is working quite well and has gotten a lot quieter :D but most of the really thick stuff builds up in the tube going up and never makes it in the cup. should I clean the inside of that tube or does that slime help the skimmer? Anyone?

Yes, you need to keep the inside of the tube clean as well. Otherwise the foam will slowly stop working it’s way into the collection cup. hth :)

I doubt an educator would fit, also these are driven by pressure so you need a little umph to make them work effectively.

LOL! Scooty and his slang:p Yeah, those eductors/penductors need a lot of pressure for them to be really effective from what I understand. Your best bet for flow would be another pump or a more powerful pump in place of what you already if you need more. Tunze's and Seio's are always a good buy:)

My clown tale looks someone bite on it.
Can u help me what's this?

Thaks,I got another clown smoller what i have last night they were in fight .
Probaby the new bit him,becouse i didn't see before?

Yeah, that's probably it because clowns do nip at each other when one is introduced after the other has already been in there...:)

Do u have any idea how long this process it's gona take?

Not sure...Sometimes it seems like they will go on forever. There is a clownfish workshop here on RF that talks about everything reltaed to clownfish and also where you can ask questions which I'm sure Ilham (Emlo18) will be able to offer you some info:)

Chem pure is a media that is bagged and is an alternative to carbon. I like it, just remember to rinse before you place it.

Back