Nitroimidezoles?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dabears26

dapainter
Has anyone heard of this.It is active ingredent in a reefsafe ich treatment safe for reef tanks.I guess another expeariment!!!!

Nope...I've never heard of that one before. That darn fish is still stressing you out huh? He'll get better:)

krish75 said:
Nope...I've never heard of that one before. That darn fish is still stressing you out huh? He'll get better:)
I hope so krish.Because im thinking of throwing him out but if its already in my tank that kinda means all my fish are going to get it.And that my freind is what really pushes my buttons .And the fact that i have never had ich or any other disease its kinda hard to swallow.I thought that i never had ich and would never get it .But no i had to get a dory fish for my daughter .And it has grown in to this>>>>>>KABOOM>>>>>>>>:evil:

I have used it and no it doesn't work!
I think there are a small amount of success stories out there but most likely the crypt cleared up due to the fishes own immunity and good husbandry as yours may if you give it time and keep a close eye on it. In the mean time you can get a quarantine tank set up in case it starts to spread out of control and you need to pull out ALL of your fish for hypo treatment.
I have seen Hippo's live for years in tanks and have small outbreaks of crypt that come and go. It is up to you if you want to try and totally eradicate it or wait and see, as the fish settles in and is less stressed the outbreaks may likely disappear on their own. Keep in mind with the last option that future stress of any kind may cause it to reappear.

Tough call my friend
Good luck!

dabears26 said:
I thought that i never had ich and would never get it .But no i had to get a dory fish for my daughter .And it has grown in to this>>>>>>KABOOM>>>>>>>>:evil:

LOL, Hang in there!

'Doris' are great at one thing: getting Ich! But don't worry, if you've had a healthy tank in the past, this one will probably pull out of it. I found that keeping my tank temperature very stable helped control it, along with super clean and clear water. Good Luck!

Well just got back from the LFS and i got some malichite green going to add it tonight they say dont worry .Just add three treatments of this and it will go away.I guess i will see

dabears26
The LFS isn't doing you any favors. Do some more research on malachite green.
It is NOT reef safe

This is just one guys opinion but I think you should pull all your fish out and treat in a quarantine tank or not treat at all, and wait to see if it clears up.
There is no quick fix here IMO

dabears - I would strongly urge you to treat in a quarantine. If you want to be sure your tank is ich free, then you need to remove all of your fish, put in a hyposaline QT, and leave your tank without fish for a month.

If you haven't read these articles, then take some time to do so...they are very informative:

News from the Warfront with Cryptocaryon irritans (Part 1 of 5) by Terry Bartelme

News from the Warfront with Cryptocaryon irritans (part 2 of 5) by Terry Bartelme

News from the Warfront with Cryptocaryon irritans (3 of 5) by Terry Bartelme

News from the Warfront with Cryptocaryon irritans (4 of 5) by Terry Bartelme

News from the Warfront with Cryptocaryon irritans (5 of 5) by Terry Bartelme

The Effects of Various "Reef-Safe" Treatments on Xenia sp. in a Controlled Setting by Steven Pro

Back