No Permission

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

On the home page, to the right, there's a list of current online users. You click on a user name to bring up their member information. Is there a reason why, when I click on a certain user, I get a page saying:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation, or you don't meet the required post level and registration time requirements.

Just curious!! It's a user name I've never seen, so was trying to find out where they're from etc.

Chuck, the fact that it happened, made me even a bit more curious, so clicked on some more names. Most came up, but I did find another that gave me the same response. PM on the way. On and neither show up on a Member search either. Maybe it's users that have been banned, removed or not completely activated yet?

Chuck, the fact that it happened, made me even a bit more curious, so clicked on some more names. Most came up, but I did find another that gave me the same response. PM on the way. On and neither show up on a Member search either. Maybe it's users that have been banned, removed or not completely activated yet?

I am having a similar problem I cant post quick replys I can only quote someone to post it says i dont have permission?????

Can you quick reply anywhere? or just not in the for sale areas?

I cant post anywhere without hitting reply on a previous post on any forum wierd thats why I have to keep quoting eveyone it says I dont have permission and asks me to log back in?

hmmmm. I just changed my profile settings so only my "friends" could read my "about me" . I was personally attacked in a thread a few months ago by a guy that is a regular poster. I was new and he insulted me for drifting "off the topic". I was new then and didn't understand "the rules". Anyway, it made me uncomfortable so...

Jill sorry to hear that, I wish you would of reported it or send one of us a PM.
You should never feel threatened or uncorfatable.

Sorry guys! I didn't mean to sound so pathetic. LOL
I just meant to explain why I think sometimes people's profiles don't come up. I love this site! Most people are so incredibly welcoming and helpful.

I cant post anywhere without hitting reply on a previous post on any forum wierd thats why I have to keep quoting eveyone it says I dont have permission and asks me to log back in?

This is happening to me also this morning.
I don't think it was this way for me yesterday.

I am having a similar problem I cant post quick replys I can only quote someone to post it says i dont have permission?????

This is what it says in the Post Quick Reply box:

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

This is what it says in the Post Quick Reply box:

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Yep, to see if it kicks the other person out of the permission problem I made a slight change to require that one click to open up the quick reply box.

Back