noob clam question??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Bolun,
We are all here to offer a helping hand, and mean no offense.
However if you ask us then we will answer with the honest truth. We have all made mistakes with our tanks and we all learn from them. Good luck with your Nano. the pictures of it look Great..

Matt

Just one more thought, not to push any issues on what you want to keep but a 20 isn't going to help much with the stability for a clam. I have been discussing it with several knowlegable people and nobody that works with clams recommends keeping one in a nano of any kind. Yes some people have done it but the question is whether or not it should be done. My advice is to wait until you can get a nice big tank.

btw a 150 halide over a 20 gal tank would be very cool.

Tim

ok thanks matts.

lol well moortim, i only have a short time to enjoy this hobby. (2yrs or so) i an super busy studying my SAT and doing hw. lol i cant really go out and spend 5000$ on a settup that i will only leave 3 yrs later. ***but after i finish college go through med school, etc. etc. ima buy a huge house and put a huge tank in it. i'll send you a pm when im at that period. (might be in 15 yrs or so) lol..yea soooo yea.
-Bolun

Yeah it's kind of an expensive hobby. I am in the same boat, I have 6-7 years of school left so my little 10 gal (or maybe my 55 if I ever get it set back up) will have to do. The best thing about reefkeeping is it will always be there, it is very much a life long hobby so even if you wind up taking a break you never forget how to do it.

Tim

I think it is awesome how your nano is doing. You have a lot to be proud of. The issue on little tanks is how they do during a week you are gone or something unexpected happens. "shrimp happens" and the larger the tank, the less losses. Be that as it may, sounds like your tank is doing 100% perfect, keep it up!

Back