Noobaquariumust's 20g long

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i was just reading this http://www.reeffrontiers.com/f14/senjis-90g-going-led-65385/index2.html and i saw that they mention "They also offer a controller for them to do automatic sunrise/sunset for an extra cost. Still worth it though!" does either of them have this feature? do you recommend, If i build a canopy to start the LEDs at a low percentage then raise the percentage and then raise the corals to acclimate them and have them get used to the lighting? any feed back would help.
thanks
Davin

Davin you will want to slowly acclimate your corals under any LED light as the LED's put out a light spectrum that is 100% usable by the coral. This means that even at low intensity they are getting just as much usable light as a full power MH or florescent bulb puts out. You can do this type of acclimation with or without the controller. The lights come with manual dimming knobs that allow you to set your intensity low and slowly turn them up over several weeks. The controller would offer the same feature electronically but also give the ramp up and ramp down dawn and dusk feature that lots of people like. Either way you can acclimate your corals without having to move them around in your tank which is always a stress for them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

so you're saying that i could glue down all of my corals and be done with it? also I have indeed found out that we are moving so ill be waiting to do anything else but add my fish to the tank because i dont want anything to die in the move so they will just stay at there new home till im ready. I have a rose bubble anem. with my name on it, the tank has been cycling for almost a month now and levels are starting to settle down. With that being said what do you guys recommend i do?
thanks
Davin

so you're saying that i could glue down all of my corals and be done with it? also I have indeed found out that we are moving so ill be waiting to do anything else but add my fish to the tank because i dont want anything to die in the move so they will just stay at there new home till im ready. I have a rose bubble anem. with my name on it, the tank has been cycling for almost a month now and levels are starting to settle down. With that being said what do you guys recommend i do?
thanks
Davin
this is just an update, but i would still like the previous questions answered.
yesterday i picked up 2 mollys because every local store didnt have damsels.
i did this because i wanted to speed up the cycle a little bit. my clown fish and decimated cuc needs to be moved and i need to sell my 24gal AP so for now

Did you acclimate the mollies to saltwater or just put them in? I thought it took a while to slowley raise the salinity in there tank to acclimate them to saltwater? I've never had them so I'm curious.

Did you acclimate the mollies to saltwater or just put them in? I thought it took a while to slowley raise the salinity in there tank to acclimate them to saltwater? I've never had them so I'm curious.

I used a 5 gallon bucket, I filled it with some fresh water and then used saltwater at 1.017-1.019 and I let them swim around in that for 3 hours. They looked fine so I plopped them in the tank.

thanks
Davin

I would say yes you can glue your corals down as long as they are placed property for lighting and flow. The less you move them the better anyway right? If you are moving really soon then just wait to do anything until after the move, again less disturbance is better. JMO

I would say yes you can glue your corals down as long as they are placed property for lighting and flow. The less you move them the better anyway right? If you are moving really soon then just wait to do anything until after the move, again less disturbance is better. JMO

yeah that was my plan, and since I am moving I was planning on maybe doing a 20L sump? what would be the best size sump for this tank?

yeah that was my plan, and since I am moving I was planning on maybe doing a 20L sump? what would be the best size sump for this tank?

The best size sump for that tank is as big as you need to hold your equipment and fit inside your stand if you are planning on putting it there. I have built plenty of sumps out of 20L tanks. The only thing i would prefer from a 20L as a sump is a little deeper for more running water height and additional height for shut down draining.

The best size sump for that tank is as big as you need to hold your equipment and fit inside your stand if you are planning on putting it there. I have built plenty of sumps out of 20L tanks. The only thing i would prefer from a 20L as a sump is a little deeper for more running water height and additional height for shut down draining.

So would a 10H or 20H be better? Could you help me make one? Along with an overflow box?

A 20 high will work as long as your stand is tall enough to get eguipment out between the bottom of it and the top of the 20 tall. If you are putting it in the stand.
I am using a 20 tall on two of my tanks.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Back