Northampton PA March 10th

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jon2dk

Hey Anthony,

I noticed Something Fishy is sponsoring an event with you on March 10th in Northampton PA. I was wondering if you could give any more details on what you will be talking about, demonstrations etc. I'm buying my tickets on Saturday morning and look forward to the event.

Thanks,
Jon

hey jon, check out the forums on toofishy.com. I am looking to get enough people to get some sort of discount. my name there is tangdude. steve

I just got back from a long trip, my friend... am catching up with life. I have not had a chance to call Todd back yet and clarify the details for the meeting. All I know is that I'll be there :)

I'll also have my saws in the car in case they wanna do a frag workshop ;)

Anthony, I'll bring a nice favites you can cut up. The frags can be given away as long as I can get a small piece.

Carl

ah, great to hear. Much thanks Carl. But please let me ask you to contact Todd about the time/fragging or not. I'm not sure what he has planned for the evening.

I will chat with him when I am there Saturday. Either way I'm sure he has a great night planned.

Carl

I too will be there with my son zack and look forward to meeting you anthony.

thank you my friends :) It will be a good time I'm sure. I had a wonderful time last time visiting the philly reef club/region :)

anthony, it was good to meet you last night I can now put a face to the name. My son zack is at me already to break out the power tools.:cool: How well would a band saw work cutting frags instead of a tile saw?

Steve I think it would create heat like the rotary but not as much. For the amount of time you are in and blade length I do not think it would be too bad. How many do you have - I could bring my saw up. Anthony thanks for taking time out to do the seminar:) I think everyone learned something and enjoyed themselves. Seems the reef hobby usually has a generally good spirit behind it.;) I have been reading your book for the past months very good read and I also enjoy the humor which is always good in any book. The thing I was taken by at the seminar was the information about and division of the anemone. Too Kewl. I consider myself a 'newbie' and have a lot to learn. There is never something that can not be learned in this hobby. Thanks again for the awesome Demo. I also lived in the burgh for awhile at the intersection of Center and Bigelow oh and yes am a Pens fan:p and Steelers from way back!:D

Brian Black

Keep your stick on the ice

Last edited:
I had a great night Anthony! Thank you very much! It was a pleasure to finally be able to meet and chat with you.

Also a very big thanks to Todd and family! You put together a great time.

Carl

thanks my friends :) and yes, kudos to Todd and family for hosting a great event for all.

regarding the band saw, it is as Brian states... not as good as a water cooled saw, but likely just fine for most corals. For a while, a band saw was Dick Perrin'd (Tropicorium) tool of choice for many stonies. Perhaps still is.

kindly, Anthony :)

Back